German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hard to even say that. He slept either on our next to my bed for six years. His epilepsy finally got so bad that he couldn’t sleep without a seizure. All his meds were maxed. So we went for one last ride, he ate a cheeseburger and ice cream, and we had him put to sleep.

He was so smart and sensitive. He was everyone’s big brother and the whole house misses him: Humans, cats, and dogs.

He was especially sweet to our Aussie pup, doting on her and letting her boss him around with a silly grin on his face.

I will miss him forever. So grateful to have had six years with him.

The picture is Jaeger and Jinjur the Aussie.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I am so very sorry. My heart hurts for you. He was a beautiful boy. It sounds like you had quite an amazing dog there.

Sending really big hugs!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Wow your story of Jaeger really touched me... my first German shepherd had one floppy ear and had horrible seizures... we also lost him young at 6 years old. I'm so sorry for your loss.....

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
<<<tears>>>>

It is heartbreaking to let them go, just shattering when you know it is what is best for their quality of life and yet so terrible for ours....

I am so sorry....may he arrive at the bridge swiftly on the rivers of our tears....

Lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts