German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were blessed with Jada in December 2015. She is a tiny 3 yo German Shepherd. When we picked her up, she weighed in at 26 lbs.

She has heart worms, heart murmur, skin issues and is super skinny. They just kept listing things. She had so many issues, that more than likely she would not be adopted. Jada was going to require alot of time, attention and medical treatment. More than likely she would die anyway. Jada was a catastrophic mess.

Well, after weekly trips to the VET, the countertop full of meds, the meds for skin and the HW treatments. We tried to get her to eat period. She is very picky. After much trial and error and maybe time, we got her to eat. Oh my goodness did she eat. (Chicken)

She is currently weighing in at 58 lbs. (That is her gorgeous healthy weight.) Nice lines and muscle tone. :grin2:

We have conquered all the hurdles except for itchy, scratchy.

I am going to post shortly question about diet, a nutritional homemade diet.

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
that's a wonderful story and an amazing transition to witness I'm sure! hats off to you for taking on that challenge....and now, the rewards :halogsd:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
That is an awesome story (albeit readers digest version, lol)

Start a thread in the appropriate forum, like the raw section or other. Just NOT in the general information section. Even health section if you want to list "diet" and "for health" as pert of the tittle of the thread...to attract the dog "foodies" on here (and I mean that respectfully as there is tons of knowledge)!

Kudos to you, and congrats to Jada the lucky doggie !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts