1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Thank you, Jax08. I know KZoppa will be happy to see her posted. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Candy is still listed - bump for the older sweetie...

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
hubby and i are going to see this girl in the next few minutes. Will update when we get back. Is ANYONE interested in her as a permanent addition?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
hubby and i are going to see this girl in the next few minutes. Will update when we get back. Is ANYONE interested in her as a permanent addition?
Keep us updated about her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
okay so i have to wait until tuesday to go see her. Unfortunately we didnt get to the shelter in time before it closed because of a nail in one of our tires. For now, Candy SHOULD be safe since they euth on fridays and incoming dogs are supposed to be kept for 2 weeks if adoptable. Will hopefully be able to go see her tuesday. Was very heartbroken we didnt make it this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
okay so i have to wait until tuesday to go see her. Unfortunately we didnt get to the shelter in time before it closed because of a nail in one of our tires. For now, Candy SHOULD be safe since they euth on fridays and incoming dogs are supposed to be kept for 2 weeks if adoptable. Will hopefully be able to go see her tuesday. Was very heartbroken we didnt make it this afternoon.
That's good news.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
That's good news.

hubby is going to try to get the afternoon off from work to go with me to see her on tuesday. Otherwise i have to wait or try to get a babysitter because they wont allow me to visit with her and maintain two kids as well. which i totally understand. so keep fingers and paws crossed he gets off work early!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I met this girl today. Much prettier than her shelter pic!! Oh my goodness, what a sweet, sweet personality. Candy is her name, and it is fitting for her temperment. She approached me with a wag and a smile, and was very eager for some attention. I'm guessing she is about 4-5 yrs old...she has some grey on muzzle, but her teeth look very nice, (not much tartar on upper molars). We sat in the outdoor pen, and she took treats very gently. She let me touch her all over with no objections: paws, belly, ears, tail, teeth etc. She enjoys being petted, and was eager to give gentle kisses. Candy was busily watching everything going on around her, and would wag her tail every time she saw a new person. She came over when I called her, and happily took some ear scratches. She seems like she bonds with people very quickly...she got very excited and animated when the volunteer who has been feeding her came out.

Candy has obviously not been very well cared for. She has had several litters, and her posture reflects this. Her coat is thin and brittle, and she is in desperate need of a bath. Her nails are very long. HW status unknown. However, with a bit of love and attention, all would be well, and she would be a stunning girl. Candy is not a very big shepherd, maybe 60 pounds or so. Underneath the dirt and grime she is a classic black and tan, with hints of red. Candy seems to be pretty nimble, and was happily trotting around wagging her tail.

Candy does fine with other dogs. She lived with several other dogs, and the owner dumped her because he has "too many". The volunteer mentioned that Candy has been out in play area with other dogs, and has no problems with anyone. (Per the volunteer, she even ignored a small dog that was barking and harrassing her).

Candy is a very sweet girl that will probably be a devoted companion if she gets another opportunity. Hoping that someone has a place for this special dog. She deserves to know what it feels like to be loved and cared for. Candy has a radient and happy personality, and seems very eager to love and be loved.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Thank God someone got to meet this girl! still gonna try and see her on tuesday. If we can find a way to cat test her somehow, hubby says we may pull and foster until we find a more suitable home for her. But no promises.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I must say that the blurry petfinder pic does not do her justice. She is beautiful. She seems to be a true sweetheart. She just needs some TLC.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks V!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Lovely girl, looks a lot younger in the new pics. Thank you for going to see her ncgsdmom.....anyone, she deserves another chance.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
She's beautiful! The petfinder photo is awful!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I saw that her link was not active so I called the shelter. They lady said she has been adopted. I hope she got a great new home!! She deserves it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
glad she made it out and i hope her new home is WAY better than her first home! Good luck Candy!!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I am so glad she was adopted. I hope she found a wonderful home. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts