German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an amazing weekend with Jackpot, on saturday she ran 3 for 4 and got her ADC title :D she finished off her starters snooker and starters gamblers so in 2 trials she is now in advanced everything except jumpers we had 5 faults each time :hammer: so they are quite do able we just have to get to know each other better, in snooker we did all four red jumps a 5 and 3 7's she had the highest score out of the whole class I was pretty pumped :D

Jackpot 2nd trial - YouTube

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
congrats!! nice video:)))

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
What was that ascending jump at 0:47? Was that like an ascending pentuple or something? That jump had a ton of bars on it!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Jackpot is awesome! You two are doing so well. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I also thought the bars looked kinda high, but I'm fairly certain this is AAC which has the highest jump height at 26".

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes the jumps are 26" and that jump with a bunch of bars you mentioned Wildo is the triple. I'm so used to seeing stuff in a barn, it does look different outside.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Except the triple had 5 bars, not 3. Weird!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I guess the name isn't all that accurate lol. I thought that's what the "triple" was in all venues.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes the jumps are 26" and that jump with a bunch of bars you mentioned Wildo is the triple. I'm so used to seeing stuff in a barn, it does look different outside.
Thank you! Had to check how many centimeters it would be - I came up with 66. Our dogs have to jump 60-65 cm jumps but the bars in the video seem a lot higher. But maybe it's just the camera angle or something... Thanks again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that jump

thanks for watching, I was really proud of her especially as it was our first trial outside and she didn't get to distracted ;) the jump in question is actually called the "Ascending spread jump" the poles are set at 26" 22"16"10"6" the width matches the jump height. so Jackpot jumps 26" high and 26" wide hope that clears it up somewhat :)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I guess the name isn't all that accurate lol. I thought that's what the "triple" was in all venues.
Not exactly. The triple that I've seen in CPE, USDAA, and AKC is the same with only three bars. I believe this is probably true of NADAC (I don't know that much about NADAC). It looks like this (usually with wings)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
an effortless jumper

·
Registered
304 Posts
Awesome runs! Jackpot looks pretty confident. :)

In USDAA, it is technically an extended spread. We call it a triple because it usually has three bars for the spread, but it could only have two bars, or more than three.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts