German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was tons of fun, we have no classes near where I live so working with other people and dogs around was a little freaky at first, she has really learned to collect and wrap her body around jumps, the sand in the arena was very deep which made it hard to run the line of jumps. the one after the tire was a backside jump and because of the deep sand I couldn't make it every time lol... waiting to long at the jump before the tire is actually what killed me. I need to learn to trust her more, we just started learning threadles I need more practice there :).. we haven't done many contacts over the winter because I can only get to calgary once every month or two to practice but I love her wall (i think she does too) we have a long way to go but we are on our way :D GSD Jackpot 18mths old agility seminar - YouTube

·
Registered
753 Posts
You guys look really great! Her jumping is beautiful and you really look like you are coming together as a team. Love the fancy moves:) Odin and I are gonna be rockin some ketchkers and blind crosses too at the next trials;) Looks like we are gonna have some healthy GSD competition going on!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Nice work! That backside after the tire would be a real challenge! I'm not sure how I'd handle that... Would be fun to setup and try! Do you have a course map? I can see all the jump positions in the video except for the one you had to jump the backside.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a course map :( but the jump was right after the tire and a little to the left so I had to be at the tire... or if I could run faster past the tire as she went thru so I could keep driving to the left standard of the jump or there was no chance of pushing her around it.
thanks Kristi I hope as she gets more experienced she is as fast as Odin :) I think she has it in her somewhere.. her first trial is in a couple of weeks we are not ready but it will give me an idea where we are at

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
I agree you both look great. It's very hard to run in the sand..

·
Registered
753 Posts
Did you enter her in the Paws n Effect trial?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek: call me crazy but yep lol are you in that one?

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's super exciting! She's ready for it, she looks awesome:) Yes I'm going, I only entered one day though. I have 3 weekends n a row of flyball and agility, so unfortunately I've only entered one day of each of the agility trials. I don't want to totally burn us out. In super excited to see her run! Odin and I are out of starters now too so I'll actually be able to watch you guys:) (except jumpers, we'll be giving each other some friendly competition there;))

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats fantastic, I'm just worried about her leaving the ring to run up to other dogs she needs to learn thats not on.. It kinda scares me as she is sooo rude, but I hope there are enough people around to chase her away, I ve never been to this arena so not sure on the set up. either way we are gonna have some fun and try our best :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
She will do great, just hire a few dog wranglers just in case;)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
thats fantastic, I'm just worried about her leaving the ring to run up to other dogs she needs to learn thats not on.. It kinda scares me as she is sooo rude, but I hope there are enough people around to chase her away, I ve never been to this arena so not sure on the set up. either way we are gonna have some fun and try our best :)
While clearly that's not encouraged, it's not uncommon in the Novice ring. Hopefully the ring gating is ok and she doesn't choose to jump it. One of the 2 billion reasons I go on and on about why socialization is SO important for all dogs at a trial so at least when things like a dog going around visiting ....all the other dogs realize it's normal and ok and the humans are dealing with it :)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
That sentence I wrote above is appalling, hope everyone can figure out what I meant... I get credit for recognizing, no credit for not fixing it :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

Great job

·
Registered
753 Posts
She looks awesome, no problem with the 26" jumps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts