German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm really jumping the gun here, but I'm just so impatient! :eek: I'm getting a puppy from a J litter in the Spring, and I need name suggestions. Problem is...I'm super picky and although there seems to be a bunch of possible names, I can't seem to find one that I like.

It's for a male. I want a name that is only 2 syllables or less...I'd consider 3. If it's a longer name, I would have to be able to shorten it with a nice call name. It's a Schutzhund prospect and I don't want anything boring or plain. I like uncommon/weird names.

And I won't do Jacob/Jake because that's my bf's name ;)

Time to get those imaginations flowin'!!!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Jalon (rhymes with Talon) or Jalyn

·
Registered
860 Posts
Dang it, why does it have to be a male! I LOVE the name Jezebel, I need someone I know to name an animal Jezebel LOL

But here goes

Jaeger
Jax (too close to boyfriend name??)
Justice
Judge
Jury
(lol, not intentionally going with Law names)
Joker
Jace
Jasper

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I like "Jurny", and may use it for my next male:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
We had originally chose Jaeger which means "hunter" in German. Then we found out this was her Y litter so we changed it to Yager. Of course you run into the people who think you name him after the drink...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jupiter - Roman god, king of the gods, god of thunder
Janus - Roman god, god of time, god of beginnings and endings

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
How about Jock?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
My husband had a dog named Jabbo, always thought it was a cool name. My first Beauceron was a female, but originally I was supposed to get a male. His name was going to be named Javelin, but ended up as Javeline, her brother was Jude. I also like Judo, Joker and Jester.
I love J names, seems to be a good sound for dogs to hear.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
Jory
Job (pronounced Jobe)
Jester
Justin
Justice
Judge

Johanne
Jesse
Judo