German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for weeks to have my back yard fenced in, finally got done a week ago and we've been working on learning the rules of the back yard. The dogs love it, I love it. My neighbor with the cat actually loves it (thank God)

Anyhow, I've now created WATER monsters!! I bought a baby pool today off Craigslist for the twins since I know they love water and now can't get them out of the pool except to run the length of the yard and come back to get wet.

So here's some pics from today:

Bruno

Bruno

Bayla running along the fence line and Bruno watching

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
isn't it great having a fenced in yard
when you own a dog/dogs. nice pool.
next summer my dog is going to have
a pool. my dog loves playing in the
water from the hose.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
That is so awesome! The pics are terrific!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Nice fence - what is is made of? It looks like you have a good sized back yard too! Nice pool too! Dogs look like they are having a great time.

Were you the one the posted about the man walking his cat on leash behind your house?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We love the fence too! It's been a blessing. A friggin 10 thousand dollar blessing. :crazy: In the end, it's worth it's weight in gold though, we knew it was gonna be expensive because of the lot I chose when building the house.

Here's a video of the entire thing:

Just some other fun ones from the back yard over the span of the last week...
Bayla chasing dragonflies

Bruno's head

My gang, the chihuahua doesn't do a whole lot of back yard exploring so the twins were surprised to see her out this far.

Digging is a no-no, but there's dirt left over from having the fence installed and it's just SOOO tempting, Bruno got busted:

Bruno gave in after being busted digging,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice fence - what is is made of? It looks like you have a good sized back yard too! Nice pool too! Dogs look like they are having a great time.

Were you the one the posted about the man walking his cat on leash behind your house?
YES!!! Good lord it drove me to the edge of insanity. He wasn't thrilled about the fence going in because it blocked his view of the open area behind all our houses, but now that it's gone up there hasn't been much of an issue. (his cat did escape under the fence a couple of times because the fence doesn't go straight to the ground in some places, but we've since improved upon it and that shouldn't happen anymore.)

Fence is made of tan PVC, reinforced posts and interlocked, snap together slats instead of them just being set next to each other. I required that, because the dogs are heavy and they tend to run into the doors and walls in the house while wrestling and I just knew they would outside too.

The yard is gigantic. I love it. My neighbors never really realized how much back yard I had until the boundaries were marked with the fence. I slipped in and snagged this lot the day it was released by the neighborhood and pissed off a lot of other people who had looked at it for months. I just happened in on the day they released it and loved it and signed my contract.
The design of the neighborhood is based off of "estate" sized lots so everyones' is really large, mine is just HUGE. In a couple of years we plan on having a pool put in but didn't want it to eat up the entire back yard, this way we can have a pool and still have lots of yard to work with.
I keep teasing my husband that he's gonna come home from Iraq and we're gonna have a Schutzhund ring in the back yard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adorable! Are they really from the same litter? They sure look alike.
Yep, they're brother and sister, they were born on New Years day this year which I just loved. The whole litter was "B" names and everyone kept the name that the breeder chose, and I got the only girl :p We keep in touch with everyone from the litter which is really nice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts