German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly got a hair cut the other day. her coat was so matted and knotted that the only choice I had was just to shave it all off. plus I figured good practice for grooming school.

before:

pile 1:

pile 2

almost done:

all this came from one dog...the one tied to the door:

all done!!!:

she's so embarrassed she couldn't face the camera:

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
That's hilarious!! Your gsd in the corner is gorgeous btw!
My mom used to have to shave this stray cat I rescued because it's fur used to matte terribly! He would howl like she was killing him! When I found him in the street I thought he had five legs because one matte of fur hung to the ground!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
She looks like she lost 20lbs!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodger says thank you lol.

aw poor kitty :( good hung it got a hair cut so it would be in pain anymore.

that's how mollys coat is. it mats so easily even if I do brush her everyday, I don't have the right brush to bush her undercoat to get it out before it mats.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
She looks like half the dog she used to be! LOL! My uncle and aunt had a border collie, and she looked so small after she got her haircut.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She looks like she lost 20lbs!!
oh yea. I had someone tell me once that she was fat. I look at her look at them it's her fur trust me. although three years ago she was so overweight that when she got shaved it didn't look like she lost any weight. took me three years to get her to look like that. I should find the picture I have of her (unshaved) from when my grandparents owned her.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks like half the dog she used to be! LOL! My uncle and aunt had a border collie, and she looked so small after she got her haircut.
years ago when she was a lot younger she had a beautiful coat, then my grandparents shaved her every summer, and now it's ruined. it mats so easily now, the hairs are so fine that it gets tangled easily even with daily brushings. she looks better shaved then not shaved.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I could look like I lost 20 pounds with a haircut! :D

Nice job on the cut!
haha me too

thank you. unfortunately I don't have any other tools to clean her up. but she came out good. only took me about an hour to do lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hahahah you made my day!!! This is so cute!! Looks much more smaller without all the fur! Gorgeous dogs byt the way ;)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
You did a real nice job and left enough so that she isn't blushing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Haha she looks so much skinnier! She looks good both ways, I like the haircut!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You did a real nice job and left enough so that she isn't blushing.
thank you. theres a bald patch on her chest though. that was unintentional the clippers just pulled the hair out leaving a bald spot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts