German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT'S SO HOT AND DRY IN TEXAS ....

....the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.
....the trees are whistling for the dogs.
....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
....hot water comes from both taps.
....you can make sun tea instantly.
....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
....the temperature drops below 95 F and you feel a little chilly.
....you discover that in July it only takes two fingers to steer your car.
....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30A.M.
....your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the

pavement and cook to death"?
....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.
....the potatoes cook in the ground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter.
....the cows are giving evaporated milk.
....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

Stay cool if you can, pardner!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
A few of these I haven't seen before. Love these two!

the potatoes cook in the ground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter

your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death"?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
when i'm crossing a street with my dog
i keep an eye on the asphalt. sometimes
you can feel being a little soft under your feet.

A few of these I haven't seen before. Love these two!

the potatoes cook in the ground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter

your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death"?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Love it and so agree with them all!! Hope you don't mind but I'm borrowing.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yes it is hot Lilie! LOL..... Two more days and we break the heat record for most triple digit heat in row..... 42 days. We need rain and cooler temps.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
My husband works for a car company (not a dealership, the manufacturer) and for the first time they're having serious problems with their navigation screens not working when the owner starts the car. The only two areas having this problem are Texas and Arizona. Finally they diagnosed the problem-- the in-dash navigation doesn't work in temperatures over 200 degrees! People come out to their car, it's been sitting in the sun all day, and the in-dash nav unit is cooking at over 200 degrees.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Last week on the news they were at Texas Motor speedway and on the asphalt they fried bacon and cooked a pizza. They baked cookies in the car.

On a good note, if they start rolling blackouts we can still cook....on the sidewalks/streets!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:boy_snowman: Lille, look at Jagerdog's pic in the Aug photo contest....maybe that will make you feel cooler????? :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:boy_snowman: Lille, look at Jagerdog's pic in the Aug photo contest....maybe that will make you feel cooler????? :fingerscrossed:

Whaaaaa! I'm like that maple bacon dog. But instead of maple bacon I'm whining about cooler weather and rain.......

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lillie I just heard a cold front is coming in next week!!!!
It's only going to be 103! :cool:
Whoo Hoo! Gonna break out the hoodie! Didn't realize we had a blue northern a'comin' this a-away!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
We hit 113 in Tyler! Everything has been so hot for so long- 59 days over 100- that it's going to take a while to cool down. Looks like rain and 104 on Sunday. We need the rain but then we'll be in a sauna. It's so bad I even feel sorry for the squirrels and let them drink out of Stosh's kiddie pool on the deck before I let him out to chase them off

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm just looking forward to those first cool days of fall, probably coming around October. Temps in the 70's, dogs being able to lay outside without chugging like freight trains, being about to keep the doors open and get a breeze that doesn't feel like it's out of a blast furnace. I love fall!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I can't water my flowers and trees enough and I water everyday. It seems like the water evaporates as fast as it comes out of the hose. We for the first time ever have full grown trees dying from the heat.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't water my flowers and trees enough and I water everyday. It seems like the water evaporates as fast as it comes out of the hose. We for the first time ever have full grown trees dying from the heat.
That is the part that saddens me the most. Grass will grow back. Cracks in the walls can be fixed. But we have large, old oak trees that are beginning to shed their leaves in an attempt to save themselves. And there isn't anything that came be done to help them. Even watering them isn't going to help. It's really sad.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
That is the part that saddens me the most. Grass will grow back. Cracks in the walls can be fixed. But we have large, old oak trees that are beginning to shed their leaves in an attempt to save themselves. And there isn't anything that came be done to help them. Even watering them isn't going to help. It's really sad.
I know we have an old oak tree in the front of our property losing all of its foliage and there's nothing I can do about it. When I look out there towards it with all the brown leaves it makes me think its fall time, but it sure doesn't feel like fall that's for sure. We have a couple sweet gum trees doing the same thing as the oak. We have had hot summers and droughts before here, but I've never seen grown trees dying from heat. I just hope we can get some relief before we lose anymore trees.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You all beat to the punch. I was gonna say how it looked like fall because of the trees losing their leaves :(

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I lived in San Antonio for three years and loved it. However, after awhile I did get a little tired of the heat.

In three months or so, I'll send you the joke about wanting to punch the snow plow driver for putting two more feet of snow at the end of your driveway after you just shovelled it...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts