German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
That article was really good. It was also too long, LOL.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Saw this on facebook earlier- loved it!

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
The author loves people ( I wouldn't say it for sure about myself!), glows with genuine wish to help them in order to help that little pup. Are all rescue people that talkative? You have to be a good psychologist as well, I suppose, as, among those who want to adopt, could be complete nuts (watch some dog lovers), those who will raise their eyebrow "Oh?" on everything being said, I mean - it is difficult to guess if the person is a right or wrong for owning the dog.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I didn't know that "Spontaneous Trait Transference" had a name, but after thinking about it, I realized it's true and I've been unconsciously doing it:

"Specifically, they've found that when someone attributes positive or negative traits to someone else, the listener will often attribute those same traits to the speaker.

"In other words," the authors write, "politicians who allege corruption by their opponents may themselves be perceived as dishonest, critics who praise artists may themselves be perceived as talented, and gossips who describe others' infidelities may themselves be viewed as immoral."

The gist of the research is that when you gossip, you become associated with the characteristics you describe, ultimately leading those characteristics to be "transferred" to you. "

-- The Boomerang Effect of Gossip is Discovered

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Good share!

I already do some of those things, where I sometimes go wrong is the information overload. :eek:

The part about letting people save face, that I do, anyone in a marriage knows this is very important! LOL!

Often we talk about using as much positive methods as possible teaching our dogs, being patient and fair and positive feedback....this goes a long way with humans too. ;) :)

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
I believe in the soft sell...in all things dog! I posted that early this morning on my facebook wall, just so I could save it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts