German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone as the title says its been a while a lot of people probably won't remember me I wasn't always very active on this board (I'm a bit shy).
  1. Anyway in my last post I was preparing for my new puppy unfortunately it didn't end up working out, fast forward a few months and and we have been offered another puppy (different breeder).
Visited the pups today and looks like we will be getting a darker sable female and of course I'm already thinking of names but having trouble coming up with anything that I really like, soooo if anyone has any good name that they would like suggest that would be fantastic!

Thanks all x

·
Registered
916 Posts
Welcome back.

Perhaps provide us with some options then we can express our opinions or take votes

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good idea...so the name's I've come up with so far are.

Quinn
Skye
Freya
kira
Jericho
Jade
Vega
Onyx
Banshee
Eco
Raven
Nisha
Remi

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the name, after squirming around in your arms for a few minutes you will naturally come up with a name that suits her :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I vote for Quinn for a couple reasons. One, it’s unique! Not many people or dogs out there with the name. Second, it’s short and strong so it will be easy to say and easy for the dog to hear. Third, it’s my name, so I’m partial to it. ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I vote for Quinn too, or Skye! Quinn is sllllightly cooler though. I'll also second @davewis , you'll know what to name her once you see her! I was gonna name my pup Pablo, but then I saw him for the 1st time and he wasn't a Pablo. So I came up with another name the second I met him. Lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys thanks for your input,

Quinn is also my favourite on the list so for now at least myself and my partner have settled on the name Quinn its going to be a while until we pick her up but this name definitely feels good ( hopefully that makes sense).
McGloomy I know what you mean my current male I was sure I was going to name him Nero but yeah he wasn't a Nero but he was definitely a Clay so that's what I decided his name would be :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I vote for Quinn for a couple reasons. One, it’s unique! Not many people or dogs out there with the name. Second, it’s short and strong so it will be easy to say and easy for the dog to hear. Third, it’s my name, so I’m partial to it. ;)
That’s a good reason to name it Quinn haha!??

but out of your names posted it’s what I would vote for also.

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
I’m training a guide dog right now named Sky and she’s completely stolen my heart, so that’s my pick! I also really enjoy saying it for some reason. It’s one of the rare times I’ve thought that if I ended up adopting her, I’d keep her name.

Quinn is cute, but has become pretty popular in my part of the world.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I named my two after the local rivers... didn't want a "human" name so looked for local geographical features. Means I've ended up with Elva (for the Elvan water to the west of my house) and Clyde (for the river Clyde that starts just at the north of our property).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts