German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday, after months of research and then being on the waiting list since February, I finally brought home my puppy. I ended up with a color I absolutely didn't want, but chose him over one other (I had a choice between two after testing) because he typified all the traits that I wanted.

Varik (here at 7 weeks 2 days at the breeder's):

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Can't believe you didn't want that color. He is Handsome. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously the color has grown on me! I had always had black and tans and wanted a sable this time, but oh well ... next time! (if I/we survive puppyhood). Since the whole litter was very similar in temperament it did come down to more personal preferences in the picks, the other male was just a bit more mellow and not as much retrieve/ball drive.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
OMG, my FAV color,,I'll take him:)

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
nice looking dog !!
I like the name .
I love the look of determination in his eye.
He may be "mellow" but don't let that fool you. I bet you he is going to have some power .

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
What a handsome boy! Congrats! Blacks are the best!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks .. he's been a lot of fun (and exhausting). Actually, he wasn't the more mellow one and that's definitely proving to be the case. He's quite a character and seems to have a memory like an elephant .. he always remembers the interesting places he got pulled out of last time he was outside!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks .. he's been a lot of fun (and exhausting). Actually, he wasn't the more mellow one and that's definitely proving to be the case. He's quite a character and seems to have a memory like an elephant .. he always remembers the interesting places he got pulled out of last time he was outside!
Oh man is that so true. Pick up our pup from going in the ditch and put her on the other side of the lawn and she'll make a beeline from where we just took her from.

Is there no chance your little one will lighten up? I know Shadow had a lot more black when she was small

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
the only time that gorgeous solid black dog is going to lighten is when he is 12 years old and gets grey on his muzzle.

Any pedigree Galathiel ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
He's really cute! Congratulations :) I didn't want a solid black either (and still do not have one). But they are seriously growing on me and I think my next GSD will be a solid black. I can't wait to see more pics as he grows up :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
He is absolutely gorgeous. I love the look in his eyes. You are going to have one beautiful adult dog when he grows up. Raina has a lot of black and I really wouldn't mind my next one being all black. I've had two sables and a white GSD before Raina so I'm always open to new color choices.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts