German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in my part of the country we are under a blizzard warning. The heavy snow has not really started yet but it is snowing and blowing. These 2 clowns have been in and out more times that I can count!

They go out run around and play a few minutes then back banging on the door so covered with snow their eyelashes are frosty :wild:. If I can get any pics I will do so and post.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
We had that yesterday and I couldn't get mine to come in the house. They just love that kind of weather.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
We are under a blizzard warning too. It started to snow about 15 minutes ago, and the wind is whipping it. Supposed to get 18" before it moves on. I'd rather have snow than the freezing rain that is south of us.
The dogs could care less about how frigid and blustery it is, it's all fun for them!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I am so completely unimpressed by the monster storm. It's not doing anything here.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
It hasn't hit your area yet Leah...has to get thru my part of the world first!!

·
5,627 Posts
We're supposed to have accumulating freezing rain overnight here! I can't wait to see what my street looks like in the morning :rolleyes:

I can never get the dogs in the house when it snows heavy. I have to trick Raven with treats and then she's back at the door in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda impatient like that. :) But I'm willing to bet that we don't get much more than an inch or two of snow, and maybe a thin little layer of ice on top. With all the anticipation and media frenzy going on, it's almost guaranteed to not be a big deal here. All the really fun weather seems to always miss me.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
well I hope you girlz keep it in your areas:) We got like a 1/2 inch of snow today, but some sleet, right now everythng is freezing up and we are under an ice/sleet/freezing rain warning:(

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
In the last 45 minutes or so, the wind has really picked up here it's cold. They just issued wind chill warnings for a lot of MN.
I know we're on the far northern edge of this storm, but if it keeps going, it won't take much snow to make it miserable because of all the wind.

Good luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We are right in the middle of the "snowpocalypse". 6 inches on
the ground now. Coming down at better than an inch per hour.
Expect to get 16-20 inches before its all over.

On top of all that the wind is blowing 30 + mph and gusting
over 50. Abby loves it but I am not amused...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I am in Upstate NY as well, and on the way home they were calling for up to 15 inches by tomorrow afternoon. I literally have to push Chance out the door when it gets nasty. Shane on the other hand, would love to lay outside and get covered with snow.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are right in the middle of the "snowpocalypse". 6 inches on
the ground now. Coming down at better than an inch per hour.
Expect to get 16-20 inches before its all over.

On top of all that the wind is blowing 30 + mph and gusting
over 50. Abby loves it but I am not amused...
I agree, I did bundle up and take them out to play jolly ball. I swear they could stay out there all night! Mommy on the other hand needs some snow pants and warmer gloves :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey there, quick question for anybody: I'm new to this website and I can't quite figure out how to create a new post/thread. Any help?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
we got 6 inches of snow yesterday

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
shepherd513, click on the forum tab above and then go to the forum that your subject fits in.
Then there will be a box on the left upper corner that says new thread...start yours along with a subject line.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am going to be SOOOO mad if we don't get what they are saying (or worse)!! I want a snow day from work tomorrow!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Let's all chant together "Snow, snow, snow, snow..." :)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I'm right there with you!
Supposed to get 20+ inches out by us.....worried about power!!
WINDS WOW!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
We're in the middle of the snowpocaplyse here too, like Onyx said. Not a LOT of snow, but TONS of wind and drifting. People are driving like idiots and walmart is PACKED. We're bundled in for the night and work has already closed for tomorrow. Too bad my college is one of the only in the state still open! :(

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
We're in the middle of the snowpocaplyse here too, like Onyx said. Not a LOT of snow, but TONS of wind and drifting. People are driving like idiots and walmart is PACKED. We're bundled in for the night and work has already closed for tomorrow. Too bad my college is one of the only in the state still open! :(
aw man that sucks :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts