German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything i can add to my puppys food to help with itchy skin and give his coat an extra sheen? He gets nutro ultra large breed puppy if anyones curious to know what hes eating

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
There was discussion on Nutro awhile back and if you do feed Nutro, this one would be better
http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncdry-ahrp.shtml
There are also opinions that you do not have to feed puppy food, go to an adult food. I fed Onyx Nutro Natural Lg. breed puppy til she was 6 mos. and she had a bad bout of Panosteitis. I researched Pano and decided to chang to a RAW diet. She did have two bouts of Pano after the switch but they didn't last as long. There are other better foods out there, and anything grain free would benefit your dog if allergies to certain grains cause the itchies.You can supplement with fish oil and vitamin E(human grade gel caps), raw egg a few times a week helps coat, too. Too much bathing is not good for your pup, so giving a bath to help itchy skin should be vet recommended, I would look at what you are feeding first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feed my 16 week old Finn- Royal Canin Baby 30 - till 5 months. His sister GSD 2 1/2 yrs.old has always had itchy skin since a pup. I give her a squirt of Derma oil on her food Royal Canin Maxi GSD.
It seems to make a difference and have started with Finn also.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Originally Posted By: diane hansonI feed my 16 week old Finn- Royal Canin Baby 30 - till 5 months. His sister GSD 2 1/2 yrs.old has always had itchy skin since a pup. I give her a squirt of Derma oil on her food Royal Canin Maxi GSD.
It seems to make a difference and have started with Finn also.
Hope this helps.
Have you ever considered the fact that there may be something in the R.C. that is CAUSING them to itch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts