German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 6mo GSD, named Kobe! He is super active and a great pooch! However, his skin seems to be irritated, all he does is itch and scratch! He doesnt have fleas. Ive seen some flaky skin on him. We have tried vitamin e, fish oil... I am highly considering changing his food! Like most vets, they talked us into getting Hills Science Diet! I feel as though that may be what is making him itch! Also, he doesnt seem to be gaining any weight? We feed him about 4-5 cups a day. Any recommendations on FOOD!? Please help, for our sanity and Kobe's! I know he'd appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Pups are growing so much going on we cant see. our growing pups were always thin. Luna will be one soon and very thin but healthy. Our male started filling out when he was over two and a half years old. Had to becareful what was healthy normal filling out and not anything caused by overfeeding. Sometimes as pups when they shed sometimes there is some itching that goes along with that. Science diet is not a good quality food so there might be a reason for the dry skin. Fromm,victor, acana are some names of some good foods. Trying a raw egg or small amount of coconut oil to the diet might help. If your pup goes swimming a lot make sure you hose them off with clean water as chlorine or saltwater can be drying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts