German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
3 baths in one week is a whole lot. I only give my dogs baths once in a while. It may be too many baths is drying his skin out. I hope you are using doggie shampoo and washing it out well. Cause the shampoo can make him itchy too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm no expert but my dog was itchy and I was freaking out about fleas searching through her long coat every morning trying to catch one lol, but about 3 weeks later she wasn't itching as often anymore and I figured it could of been mites as she had just had a immunisation shot at the time, and my understanding of mites is that they are controlled by the dogs immune system. So I figured meh immunisation shot, give it a bit of time and keep an eye on her skin.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
The itching could have been from just one flea bite or it can be from an allergy to food or environment. I would think as someone else mentioned that the 3 baths would make the skin dryer. Hope that your little guy gets some relief from the itching if not a vet visit might be necessary.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
My boy was seen by my breeders vet and had his first round of vaccines with her. But I still took him to my vet the first week he was with us to get him weighed, stool check (to check for worms) and just a overall exam. I wanted my vet to look him over. We also discussed what his vaccines schedule would look like moving forward. I would recommend taking him:)

The itching....could be several things. I would not bath him anymore you could be drying his skin out. Are you sure you are rinsing him well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts