German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, our 10 week old pup Luna has some serious dry itchy skin. About a week after we brought her home I noticed she was itching and spotted a flea..so we treated her immediately, and our 2 cats. Washed all bedding, shampooed furniture and rugs..pretty much did everything we could think of. Have not seen another since, but the itchies have continued. Our vet was not very concerned and recommended fish oil and vitamin e. She has been getting that a few days now have not seen any improvement thus far. I brush her everyday, she gets homemade treats, and her food has no wheat/soy. Soo I am wondering if this could be a flea allergy? Even if there are no fleas on her now, could she still be having a reaction? We go back to the vet in 2 weeks, but if it continues like this i will get an earlier appt. Feel so bad for the little girl. Any info or suggestions much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
The supplements will take about 4 weeks - 8 weeks to have an effect. Fleas are hard to spot and even though you did a thorough cleaning, they still could be some left. You may need to treat her again and the cats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, we did treat them all again. She does seem to be improving but I think she is still scratching because it was already so irritated. I feel it is becoming a cycle..hopefully we are on the way to breaking it. Found a great shampoo that has given her much relief also. Her fur is already coming back on the worst spot, so I do believe the supplements are working. Crossing my fingers for our little sweetness!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts