German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a German shepherd who was a rescue. She just turn a year old and for the first year of her life was pretty much keep in a crate. Now I have her and in my opinion she is very narrow almost like she hasn't eaten. Her back legs are also very wobblie. Now that she has a back yard to run and play that is getting better but she still not putting on weight and looks very narrow. She eats twice a day at this point I'm lost what now what I'm worried about is due to her being in a crate was her body not able to grow like it should. Here a pic of both shepherds

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Being in a crate that long can't be good, but at the same time both my girls, both over breed standard, were lanky looking at that age.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Is there a place you can take her to swim to build up muscle? I'd also get her on a quality nutritious diet and start supplements. Carmspack(member here) could help you get a good plan started to help her thrive. Carmspack Working German Shepherds, Feed-Sentials

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have add supplements to her diet and we have a river close by and she loves to swim so hopefully that will help her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts