German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently searching for any dogs born from Wasko vom Eifelgrund (Sire) and Karley vom Reeboch (Dam). Our 5.5 year old GSD, Charlie, was born in 2013 from this Dam and Sire. Last week, he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia which is a very aggressive form of cancer. We are willing to do anything to give him a chance at beating this awful disease. We have been discussing the possibility of a bone marrow transplant with the coordinators at NC State, and the oncology team feels that a transplant could cure him if we are able to get it done quickly. This needs to be done while he's in remission which for this type of cancer may only last for days to weeks. Right now, the holdup is finding a donor. Littermates, parents, and dogs from the same set of parents have the highest likelihood of being a match for the transplant. We would cover any expenses involved and would be willing to offer compensation. Charlie is so important to us and this procedure could save his life. If you have a dog from this set of parents or know of anyone that may, please contact me. I would be happy to discuss the details and answer any questions you may have about the process/procedure.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sorry, you're going through this. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know this is a stupid question but have you asked your breeder? (Sometimes the simplest questions are the ones that are overlooked.) They may still have the contact info for most of the dogs. If you adopted him from someone else, does that person have the contact info for the breeder? Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might be better off checking working dog for progeny and track down owners that way.

Here is the mother
https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-details/1008121/Karley-vom-Reeboch#

https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-details/859217/Wasko-vom-Eifelgrund

Did your breeder not keep in contact with any owners of the breeding? Have contact info for owners?
Thank you for the suggestion. The breeder was able to give us the contact information for the new owner of the mother so I contacted him. I was also able to track down a dog from the litter just a year before from the same mother and father. I sent an email to them last night, but no response yet. As for the other puppies, most of them were sold to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. The breeder said he reached out to the vendor but we haven't received an update.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, you're going through this. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know this is a stupid question but have you asked your breeder? (Sometimes the simplest questions are the ones that are overlooked.) They may still have the contact info for most of the dogs. If you adopted him from someone else, does that person have the contact info for the breeder? Good luck.
Thank you for the sympathies. The first thing we did was contact the breeder, but he sold most of the puppies to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. He has contacted that vendor but we haven't received a response.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The breeder may even own a dog from the same breeding, different litter if the dogs were bred more than once.
He doesn't, and he actually doesn't even have the mother anymore. We've reached out to everyone we've been able to find that might have a dog from the same lineage, but we're running out of time and options so I thought by some miracle someone here might have one of the dogs.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thank you for the sympathies. The first thing we did was contact the breeder, but he sold most of the puppies to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. He has contacted that vendor but we haven't received a response.
Yeah, I suppose it may be tough to track them down. It'll take time, if they really do try to find the dogs. The vendors will be busy with the number of dogs they're dealing with. And trying to locate the dogs that may be working on the border...will take a while to track down, especially dealing with government entities. Some dogs that may not have passed the test and were eventually adopted out may be easier to locate as long as the vendors kept immaculate paper work. Anyway, I truly respect the lengths you are going through to try to save your beloved. I wish you the best and please keep us informed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I suppose it may be tough to track them down. It'll take time, if they really do try to find the dogs. The vendors will be busy with the number of dogs they're dealing with. And trying to locate the dogs that may be working on the border...will take a while to track down, especially dealing with government entities. Some dogs that may not have passed the test and were eventually adopted out may be easier to locate as long as the vendors kept immaculate paper work. Anyway, I truly respect the lengths you are going through to try to save your beloved. I wish you the best and please keep us informed.
Thanks so much. He's given us so much love, loyalty, and protection during his time with us that we feel he deserves nothing less than our best effort. And you are correct, after speaking with many different people, I'm beginning to think it's going to be nearly impossible to find the dogs through U.S. Customs. I did find one agent yesterday that apparently took one of the dogs when he retired, but he hasn't returned my call.

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
If you haven't yet, create an account on pedigree database (free).

When you're logged in, you can look at the "history of changes" on any dog's pedigree, which will show you the username of the person who entered the dog and any subsequent title/health updates. You can send PMs to users. I would send messages to the full siblings Jax linked above and any other related dogs you can find.

It's a long shot, but at least those are people who definitely are/were involved with those actual dogs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you haven't yet, create an account on pedigree database (free).

When you're logged in, you can look at the "history of changes" on any dog's pedigree, which will show you the username of the person who entered the dog and any subsequent title/health updates. You can send PMs to users. I would send messages to the full siblings Jax linked above and any other related dogs you can find.

It's a long shot, but at least those are people who definitely are/were involved with those actual dogs.
I appreciate the suggestion. We did finally hear back from the owner of Maddie yesterday so we're praying that works out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts