German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Isis is definately not a Mal. Boo Boo needs much TLC. I bet he would be lovely with some care.
bump to keep these two sweeties on top.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I recieved an e-mail from Melody (Central Indiana German Shepherd Rescue) and she is unable to help at this time, so they still need help!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
oh my, these two nearly fell off the boards.... heres a big bump to put you back in the spotlight....lights, camera, action!!!! They are ready to be adopted!!!
Rosa

·
Registered
740 Posts
Originally Posted By: mrsshanerBoo- Boo's petfinder page says he has been treated for hw and is ready to go.

He looks so cuddly!
It is one thing to be treated but it takes 3 months or more to get a negative result...plus you have to keep them totally quiet for 6 weeks only taking them out on a leash to potty...so there is alot more involved than meets the eye...not too many takers on dogs that have do not have a negative result...actually I will not adopt out dogs that have not gotten a negative result back. HW + dogs take up space for many months that healthy ones do not...this is a sad but very true fact of rescue. SO while I am treating one already I can not take more space for 3-4 months on another one. Sucks but that al valuable space is the problem unless you can foster for that time frame????????hmmmmmm????

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
In the south, rescues must treat heartworms regularly, or they don't rescue many dogs. It is a fact of life down here, and that is why we call it "rescue".

·
Registered
681 Posts
Originally Posted By: wsumner26In the south, rescues must treat heartworms regularly, or they don't rescue many dogs. It is a fact of life down here, and that is why we call it "rescue".
wsumner26 if that is an offer to take them in I would be more than willing to set up a transport to get them to you. I would even drive a leg or two.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hannas mom, I don't know what state you are from, but in the south, most dogs either have heartworms or they will get them. Unfortunately, many people down here do not give preventative.
We do not pick and choose our rescues on the basis of heartworm tests. We do not have to keep a dog for 3 months after treatment.
The rescue I volunteer for recently took the sable female from Reidsville Ga. If you want to see some problems, please look at her thread. I guess you missed it earlier when we were trying to find help for her.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=591754&page=0&fpart=1

1 - 20 of 79 Posts