German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meaning are there breeds of dogs that your GSD loves or hates? Bear really loves Aussies and Border Collies but is not too fond of Labs (black only???)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
When we were going to the dog park Delgado loved Aussies, even if he was playing with other dogs if he saw one he immediately headed straight for it and ignored all other dogs until either we left or the Aussie's owner left.

Outside of Aussies Delgado never cared about breed, he'd play with small and large dogs. He just didn't do very well with very dominant or very submissive dogs so we moved on when I saw them close

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ours hates boxers and any other breed with snub noses that are around his size. He sticks to hanging with shepherds and smaller dogs. He likes other herding dogs.

Also he hates Great Danes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Boxers and little white dogs. We have a guy who walks his boxer past every day, he's a good owner and has since gotten his dog under control, but at first, his boxer would go at our fence pretty hardcore as he passed. Ours were pups and its seems to have left an impression on them. I don't think they hate little white dogs, but we seem to get enough of them wandering free and following us on walks. They follow sometimes aggressively and mine will react.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My pup is only 15 weeks old but I've noticed that he really only wants to play with the other GSD puppy (Lily) that is in his puppy class. He will sometimes run around with the others but wants to get back to rough-housing with her. He doesn't care for the lab puppy really .. I think the lab annoys him as it is a barker (for attention). Occasionally, my pup will get a sneer on his face and chase after him, but quickly turns around to find his friend again.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Jazz loves Terriers. It's really the only breed I trust him off leash with now.

Bunny dislikes poodles and poodle mixes. Not sure why.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
there we go, dog racism. wait, for thoses of you that have dog's that are
reactive to black dogs. maybe your dogs are picking up on what goes down
the leash when "black" is involved. lol.

Meaning are there breeds of dogs that your GSD loves or hates? Bear really loves Aussies and Border Collies but is not too fond of

>>>>> Labs (black only???)<<<<<

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is so funny that you say that. My GSD doesn't really pay attention to any other breed besides Shepherds (only barks at shepherds too!) I don't really know why!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gunther loves all breeds as long as they don't rush at him. :( Then the tail goes straight between the legs and I have to tell the owner to move their dog because they're making mine uncomfortable...(I of course move too and step between the dogs).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Diesel is not a dog racist, he hates all dogs equally :eek: and deer, and cats, and anything that does not walk upright on two legs, speak human, and have the ability to feed him.... :smirk:

·
Registered
194 Posts
mine likes to play with dogs more based on temperament and size then breed. she likes dogs 20-60 lbs and not overly rough or energetic. Ive noticed shepherds do recognize each other and always check each other out.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
My GSD hated most other dogs. She especially hated little dogs and other German Shepherds. She liked huskies and pits.

My new little guy - some kind of mix loves EVERYTHING. Gotta say, that is a really nice change.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
dog racism
Please, agree, that GSDs in general are wicked dogs. They run towards other dogs so bravely, with a strong intention to abash, to impess, to find out what they are. No caution whatsoever. Bad experience with fights doesn't mean much. If I was that black Lab - I wouldn't like such an exibition of disrespect, I would growl.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts