German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Zefra was spayed at about 18 months old. She went through 2 heat cycles.

I did not want to spay her but a situation arose in which I had no other choice.

I have heard people say that it changes the dog, etc. etc., but I have not noticed any difference in Zefra.

The people who work Zefra also agree that they do not see any change in behaviour or working ability. She is still a crazy female with an attitude. ;)

Personally, I will not spay/neuter unless a medical emergency. Zefra was spayed so she was to remain in my home safe from other conditions/individuals.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I've never had an intact dog, and rogue hasn't had her first heat yet. I plan on keeping her intact, but if its really a major pita for us, I would consider spaying.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
32,693 Posts
Halo was spayed at 13 months old, she had one heat.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Treue was spayed at about 4.5. I did notice a change in her. She lost some of the edge she had in protection. Vala was spayed at 7.5 and after having 3 litters. I did not notice a difference in her.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Mine isn't technically a working dog, but she has a med to high drive. Spaying her did not change anything. She still is very focused, I think even more so now that she is older.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts