German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kayto drinks out his bowl and spills everywhere, walks away and drips all over the place! I place mats under the bowl but he seems to still defeat the mat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ridley is VERY sloppy. He gets huge mouthfuls of water and then walks around letting it drain all over the floor. He discovered the endless water bowls (toilets) within a day or two of when we brought him home and while it was kind of funny for a while, I've finally resorted to keeping the lid down on all but one that is in a decent location for controlling where the water goes. We keep a water bucket in the basement but neither dog uses it unless we are in the basement.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have found that if I use a deep stock pot for the water with only a couple of inches that the high sides will minimize the splashing on the floor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Molly is HORRIBLY sloppy. We have a towel under her bowl and it does no good!! There is always water trailing away from the bowl! LOL

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Abby never drips, don't know why, same with my last dog who was a mutt... both very neat. My brother's little 7 pound Havanese leaves a trail across the room.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Abby never drips,

If she doesn't drip, are you sure your Abby is really a GSD? I thought splashing gallons of water while drinking was in the breed standard.:laugh::gsdbeggin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gideon is horrible with drinking. He just lets the water fall out of his mouth as he walks away. I always tell him that I wonder if I got a st. Bernard or a GSD with the way he drinks.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo is a sloppy drinker...and he drinks out of the toilet...:eek:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
dodger is a sloppy drinker too. he spills it everywhere and leaves a huge trail of water dripping from his mouth haha. my Molly, on the other hand, is a danty drinker and has never spilled a drop anywhere.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yes!! Otto is sloppy drinker. One time I slipped and fell on my butt were Otto had drooled on the wood floors. :wild: It's a GSD thing.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Abby never drips,

If she doesn't drip, are you sure your Abby is really a GSD? I thought splashing gallons of water while drinking was in the breed standard.:laugh::gsdbeggin:
:D

Dcluver33's Molly doesn't either, maybe they are related.
I better recheck her bloodline :eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Abby never drips,

Well my Abby certainly conforms to that standard. Our kitchen always
look like the aftermath of a Tsunami...

·
Registered
253 Posts
:wub::wub::wub:Ruger chews sticks or bark , hope he iisnt swallowing them, but he drinks , they fall in the water tub, then he bobs for them as ( bobbing for apples) , then stands in it and well figure out what a mess i have....love him so much tho....

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Yes Ace is also a sloppy drinker, he leaves a trail from the living room to either the kitchen or the front door every time. :(

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Oh my goodness; I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a sloppy drinker lol! She is so bad! I put a towel down and it did nothing to help, really. The worst is when she takes a drink, realizes that she's dripping, and shakes her head so it goes EVERYWHERE! lol Oh well guess it just means I get to mop more frequently ;)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i have a mat down also. i also keep a couple of
towels on the floor. once he drinks i put my foot
on top of one the towels and slide across the floor.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts