German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vms gsd and Bulldogs breeder in Utah and cali. The owners name is daniel cardenas. Any one no of them or have a dog from them? I am seriously looking at purchasing a dog from them and I am on the other side of the country. They claim to have celebraties who own there dogs like Heidi Klum and the owner claims to no cesar Milan. A red flag for me because I have none legit scammers in past to do such things and legitimate breeders to also boost those claims so I am not sure how to feel about that. I didnt find then listed on akc and cant find any dirt on them or even good things. Any help is appreciated. I want to be 100% certain of my purchase.

·
Registered
31,354 Posts
What exactly are you looking for in a dog?

-These are just West German Showlines. "world class" is always a flag to me. I own the son of "world class" dog and the daughter of another. It means ZIP unless they themselves are proven.
-I always love the "trained puppy packages" too. What have you taught an 8 week old puppy? LOL
- Knowing Cesar Milan is a selling point? Really?

So what makes these puppies worth $4k or more? I don't see them actively working the dogs. I don't see any show titles they've earned? I don't find the female they have listed on WinSis. I see a run of the mill breeder who is importing dogs for breeding and using the names in the pedigree to get a high price.

If you want a showline, there are plenty of breeders on the east coast for you to choose from in the same price range with titles and training to prove their dogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your message! I feel alot like you. I have found some great breeders on east coast but nothing with anything available or soon to be. Any recommendations? I'd love to find the right dog right now but I won't rush that decision. I am interested in the showlines and I do love the long coat gsd.

·
Registered
31,354 Posts
I'm a working line person so not very familiar with the show line breeders. There are long coats in working line if the coat is what interests you. Just so you don't limit yourself on possible breeders.

I would ask on here
This site only allows breeders who are following SV guidelines. Those guidelines are title, all health clearances. I would ask for recommendations for reputable showl ine breeder with possible long coats.

-I know that Frank at Kysarah in NH has a gorgeous coated WGSL stud. He is mostly ASL so not sure what he is breeding for WGSL. I do think he put a 1 on him after he got him.
-Oher Tannen in Georgia is very reputable. Not sure if she has coated dogs.
- Mack-Zwinger in NH. Not sure what she has for showlines right now.
-Alta Tollhaus in Michigan - one of there dogs was at the USCA Nationals this year. Not to common to see a showline there AND do well.
**-A friend/trainer is recommending Kennel Vom Haus Neufus in Johnstown Ohio. Looks like she has long coats AND her dogs are being titled. I would definitely take a look at this one.

Not east coast, but much closer than Utah!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most celebs know diddly squat about dogs, so they'll just hand off the task of finding a puppy to an assistant (who also knows diddly squat). That's not a reason to pay more for a dog.
Oo I totally agree! I'm still not sure there even legit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts