German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just wondering he is 29 inches 85lbs a lot of GSDs I see here have big broad shoulders he doesn’t will that develop later or is that a genetic thing? When people say they develop differently what is it like? Do you have any pictures of dogs that were fixed young as adults now? I’m sorry for all the neuter posts I’m just really curious

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
He will be what he will be. He has a couple more years to mature so the only way to know is to wait and see.

Our males that were neutered young were taller than standard. But that may have been their genetics anyway. There is no way to know how they would have developed without being neutered, so it's a moot point. They were great pets. That is what counted for us.

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He will be what he will be. He has a couple more years to mature so the only way to know is to wait and see.

Our males that were neutered young were taller than standard. But that may have been their genetics anyway. There is no way to know how they would have developed without being neutered, so it's a moot point. They were great pets. That is what counted for us.
Waiting is so hard lol, yeah he is taller then Standard as well do you have a pic of your males?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sorry no. But what difference would that make? There is no way to know how they would have looked without being neutered. They looked like German Shepherds from unknown breeding, one a rescue and one from a backyard breeder. Nothing to distinguish any particular type of GSD, just wonderful dogs, as most all of them are.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My intact male is almost 4 years old and he is slender. His frame is such that he will never be a big hulking dog and that’s just the way he shook out. His brother was much bigger than my dog at 8 weeks - it’s just who they are. You’ve obviously read somewhere that neutering a dog early impacts a dogs growth, but your dog (like mine) might have always been slender regardless.

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My intact male is almost 4 years old and he is slender. His frame is such that he will never be a big hulking dog and that’s just the way he shook out. His brother was much bigger than my dog at 8 weeks - it’s just who they are. You’ve obviously read somewhere that neutering a dog early impacts a dogs growth, but your dog (like mine) might have always been slender regardless.
Yeah he was always on the leaner side I think this is slender I don’t know I always referred him to lean like his mom lol. True I did read on that it does stunt them a long time ago..
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fence Grass

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kiki you're starting again. Again.
Exact same questioning, worrying, 2nd guessing your dog
Don't ....

There is simply no "all dogs raised this way or fixed at this age or fed these foods or from these lines or this weight/height at this age" end up this way or schedule.

No one knows.
Ugh I know…. Good to know thank you

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry no. But what difference would that make? There is no way to know how they would have looked without being neutered. They looked like German Shepherds from unknown breeding, one a rescue and one from a backyard breeder. Nothing to distinguish any particular type of GSD, just wonderful dogs, as most all of them are.
Fair enough..

·
Banned
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your right it won’t make a difference at all it would just reassure me.. I’m sorry

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Ugh I know…. Good to know thank you
No problem, just love your dog, you've been told that worry and stress can translate to your dog; not healthy for either of you. Your dog is awesome and perfect, no one can see anything wrong with him now or in the future.

I'd also suggest you keep all these posts into one thread and stop creating new ones. One place will help you see that many of these concerns have been answered and are unfounded.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts