German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if this is weird or not. But my pup when it come to squeeky toys would rather walk around and constantly squeek a lot and i mean a lot rather than destroy the toy for the squeeker like what I have seen most dogs do. Its really anoying but so cute at the same time. I'm just curious though if this is weird or not lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Maybe he/she hasn't learned how to destroy the squeaker yet. My oldest dog usually destroys the squeaker after 10 minutes of getting a new toy. I bought him this squeaky kong ring today and he can't seem to punch the squeaker out. he's been trying for hours. Yes, I'm going a bit stir crazy, but at least he's busy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My dog does not destroy the squeaker either. Sometimes when she is really excited, like waiting for me to get my shoes on so we can go for a walk, she will go get one and start chewing on it and making noise seems to be her way of calming herself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I love how it keeps her busy but its funny because she searches for the squeeker and then doesn't stop squeeking lol.
Mayne ill get lucky and she won't destroy the toys fingers crossed!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
nope! not weird! Zena used to squeak her hot pink pig constantly! She never destroyed it. Was even sad and mopey when she lost it. Was her favorite thing ever.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope! not weird! Zena used to squeak her hot pink pig constantly! She never destroyed it. Was even sad and mopey when she lost it. Was her favorite thing ever.
That's funny she has this rubber elephant squeek toy that she is in love with. Epsecialy if I'm on the phone on the couch and she jumps up with it and squeeks it in my ear haha

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
That's funny she has this rubber elephant squeek toy that she is in love with. Epsecialy if I'm on the phone on the couch and she jumps up with it and squeeks it in my ear haha

Our couch ate one but we had no idea what happened to it so we bought her another one. Needless to say when we moved to a new place and found the old piggy, she had two. She was the happiest dog ever.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl will pick up a squeaky toy just to chew and hear it squeak. She has never deliberately chewed out a squeaker from one of her toys.

I bought her this black duck at Wally World a couple of months ago. It's so loud I won't let her play with it in the house. That's the most annoying toy she has. I keep it in the garage so every time she sees it it's a big surprise.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My girl just turned one and loves loves loves squeaky toys! Has a whole big tub of them the noisier the better. She walks around just squeaking them! My family asked me not to buy anymore but she loves them, it's adorable.
My boy is 7 months and destroys them as fast as he can
I feel bad for my girl so I keep buying more..haha

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts