German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am out walking with Wolfie, people sometimes ask me if they can take his picture. It happens at random times, and not often enough in succession that it dawns on me to think about it. This weekend at the beach two random strangers stopped us at two different places and asked to take a picture of Wolfie. One woman said she wanted to show her husband because he looks like her dog. That's understandable, but it got me to thinking, what do these people do with pictures of Wolfie? Then I realized just how many times we have been stopped for pictures. Is it weird or just me? Does it happen to you on your walks? People seem to be very attracted to Wolfie. This never happened with any of my other dogs.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yeah, it happens to me on a fairly regular basis. Mostly it's parents wanting to take pictures with their kids and Finn, but other times I get people who owned a White when they were popular and haven't seen one in a while or to settle an argument. I had a woman follow me four blocks because she told her husband about Whites, but he didn't believe her.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
That sounds flattering, asking to get your dog's photo.

No one asks us, many people try to avoid us. My daughter would not let someone take Molly's photo, she has a real issue with privacy and or publishing it without her permission.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it happens to me on a fairly regular basis. Mostly it's parents wanting to take pictures with their kids and Finn, but other times I get people who owned a White when they were popular and haven't seen one in a while or to settle an argument. I had a woman follow me four blocks because she told her husband about Whites, but he didn't believe her.
I can see that with a white. They are so beautiful and you don't see them very often.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Nope, I get compliments on both dogs but the only time I've had a photo request was at a pet store. I was picking up dog food and Jazzy was with me (didn't have Delgado yet) and the rep happened to be there so she asked to take my dog's photo with the food :shrug: I agreed

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
it happens to me a lot, if i had a nickel every time Max and his girl friends had their picture taken, most of the time its at an event and makes into the local newspaper, hes also been on TV a few times, and a few years back, at the DKCS, he had a screen test, I wait by the phone every day but they never call :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
When I am raising a puppy on campus (I work for a small college) there are always people that want to take pictures with their camera phone, hold them and take pics, etc. With my adult dogs, not so much but when I have them at work we're usually training or walking from point A to point B so we aren't likely to be interrupted. With a puppy the whole idea is to stop and socialize.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
All of the ladies at the bank and the pharmacy took phone picts of Lisl when she was younger...and smaller.

·
Registered
766 Posts
it happens occasionally. normally its women that want her picture and they seem to be shepherd people by the conversations the ensue. it doesn't bother me

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
No one has ever asked to take Fiona's picture. If they did, I think I would be in such shock I would just say ok. But you have to wonder what they do with the pic. I hope it stays on their camera and a month later they wonder who is this dog and why do I have it's picture?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
You know...If I'm out taking pictures....I never ask. I just take them. Never thought to ask permission. :lurking:

I don't take pictures of children though. I don't want to seem creepy.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
it happens to me a lot, if i had a nickel every time Max and his girl friends had their picture taken, most of the time its at an event and makes into the local newspaper, hes also been on TV a few times, and a few years back, at the DKCS, he had a screen test, I wait by the phone every day but they never call :)

I have to laugh at the picture because Max looks like he's working security for the girls. They're all proper and pretty and he's all buff has this seriousness about him.

Wolfiesmom, I've never had it happen but then I see a lot of patterned sables more than anything so pretty common. I know I've asked to take a picture of a shepherd that had coloring I liked so I could use it as a base reference for what I'd like in the future coloration wise since I know exactly what I'd like temperament wise. Wolfie is a handsome devil. I'd probably ask to take his picture too.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've seen people take pictures of Gunther at car shows but that's at a distance..they don't ask permission but I'm out in public at a car show so I don't really care :)

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
At almost every dog show that Sage goes to, someone asks to take her photo. She does have a certain charisma!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Only once that I know of... I was getting ready to take Ollie on a hike but when I got to the trail entrance a mom and her two young daughters stopped us, Ollie was a little adorable puppy then of course. :) He was all over the girls licking them and being a puppy, the mom asked if she could take a few pictures and I said sure! Just wished I had given her my email so she could have sent them to me too!

We still get stopped a lot, most people tell me how handsome he is and ask me where I got him... One guy even asked how much I paid for him. :eek:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've had it happen a few times, mostly at the beach. A couple once approached us to ask if they could get a picture with my dog, which surprised me but didn't weird me out. I have seen a few people snap pictures of Trent with their camera phones when we're out and about. None of them asked for permission, which isn't a problem. I'm out in public so that's their right - I think it's nice that they'd want to :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I can see that with a white. They are so beautiful and you don't see them very often.
Yeah. I think that's why I'm so used to it...it happens so often. It even happened with Cheyenne, especially after she was all groomed up. She was way off the Collie standard; too short, too long, and her ears didn't fold at the tips, but man was she a head turner when all gussied up.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Yeah. I actually have this happen a lot. I think people are in awe of well behaved GSD. I try to take mine to lots of places. GSD, even though they are high on the popularity lists, are rarely seen out and about. At least in my area.

So whenever I would take Ike or Lena out and they were calm and cool, people would snap pictures. I think the most poignant one was at a wine festival. I was chilling with friends, Ike was laying next to me and a man came over and asked if he could pet him. I let him, and he told me about the working GSD he had been deployed with and asked to take a pic with him. To have this hero look at my dog and want a pic, I was floored.

Of course, 10 minutes later Ike broke his stay and took off after some kids throwing a baseball back and forth. Luckily he recalled beautifully, but the look on the kids faces was priceless. I was mortified. Never dropped the leash again. Sad thing is, I got like 20 compliments on how well trained he was to come back when called. In my head I was thinking " if he was so well trained he would not have broken his down"

But yeah, I take it as a compliment.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts