German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally have Tonga on car rides with the family, never had a problem...

Over the weekend, the weather was great so we went out..I noticed his behavior changed dramatically, he is now barking like a snarling monster at everyone which comes near the truck

I went to a drive through and he darn near jumped in my lap to confront the person in the window which was very embarrassing.

I had to jump out of the car a few times, my kids were in the truck and he was breaking his neck to jump out with me. I have never seen him behave this way...almost seems like I have a total different dog.

I will definitely have to invest in those dog barriers / dog seat belt harnesses.

Perhaps he is just getting older ?? I have never seen him behave this way. For me this is all about trying to understand my fur baby...

He hasnt been fixed as of yet, I am waiting until he is about 18 months to do that...he will be a 12 months. Next month.

I definitely need to put him back in doggie obedience class...

Any clues from my doggie professional friends ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: JayneI'd say get back into training as you say. There may be some of the teenager stuff but he could also be trying his luck as to 'I am boss when we are out' so training and a bit of NILIF might help.
Jayne

Just the idea of someone "trying to control me" is enough to put my panties in a duff.....

You are correct, I am back to training....which I know will be a long life thing.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maggie Rose,

Yes, you are certainly correct in your assessment. We BOTH need to return to class.

Definitely ! Calling my trainer now ! Thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.