German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 11 and a half week old puppy is going all night without needing to go to the toilet. She has done this from about 8 weeks. I have tried putting white towels out to capture any wee she might be doing but I can't seem to find any evidence to suggest she's soiling her crate.

She sometimes will wake us up in the night or just before she usually wakes up but the majority of time we sleep for 8 hours.

Is this possible?

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
You may be one of the lucky one! Give her a big hug!

Long as she's peeing and pooping normally otherwise, eating and gaining weight. Going out to training classes and tons of socialization outside the home.... sounds like she'll be the 'practically perfect puppy' we all want to have!

·
Registered
987 Posts
We brought Frank home at 9 weeks and he never did wake us at night to go out or go in his crate, out of all my dogs he has been the easiest and and fastest to house train.
I do know his breeder was already working on a simple form of house training with the whole litter when we picked him up so maybe that helped.
Hope your pup is as easy to house train as frank was.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, just lucky!

I was blessed with this kind of puppy and had only two accidents in the house and both were my fault for stalling while she was sitting at the front door.

Also, no chewing, anxiety, agression, fear, hip problems, skin/coat problems, loves other dogs and cats, is great on the leash and off, was easily trained, and is very gentle with my young nieces.

Just a good dog with good lines, all I did was encourage.

So, be happy!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good night!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news! It's our first pup so just need to make sure everythings 100% - I especially want to put the effort in now so she's a great dog when she's older.

Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Our 11 and a half week old puppy is going all night without needing to go to the toilet. .

She sometimes will wake us up in the night or just before she usually wakes up but the majority of time we sleep for 8 hours.

Is this possible?
Yes, I had two puppies who went all night at 11 weeks. It was WONDERFUL. Of course, mine didn't do it at eight weeks...lol. You beat me there.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts