German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old acts like a two year old in the evening when he's tired. Like today I took him to the lake to go swimming, then he wanted to chase the water sprinkler until he was very tired. Once I brought him in the house there was no calming him now, it was like he was super excited. I had to put him in his cage inorder for him to calm down and at night until about ten at night I have to keep him there or he tries to harass everyone in the house. Meaning my 12 year old Dalmation and my three cats. Once its dark and all animals are asleep then I let him out of his cage and he'll just go to sleep. I hate every evening around 8 ish to have to put him in his cage because he wont calm down. He also gets TWO hours of walking and two play times.. what should I do? Is it ok to put him in his cage every night? (I'm home during the day so he's not spending a lot of time in his cage during the daytime.)

·
Registered
525 Posts
My GSD has a hard time relaxing out of his crate. One thing that I have done that seems to help is when I want him calm in the house I put a lead on him. I usually don't have to hold it. He knows when his lead is on he needs to lay down and chill.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts