German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 5 years I was so used to my intense Deja. She is now almost 6 years old and is starting to relax about things or call it 'getting more experienced with my routines'. For instance: normally when I come home in the evening from class, she is at the door, super happy. Lately she stays in her open crate and when I call her, she is her "old" self again. It worried me at first but there is nothing wrong with her as she is super active when I am working and playing with her. And when I ask her if she is hungry, all the craziness comes out.
Her chin is graying but her teeth are in perfect shape and clean. It is a strange realization that she is getting older. It is super easy but on the other hand I know she won't live forever. I am more mindfully enjoying her. She is my heart dog and sometimes it is plain scary to love a dog like that so much.

·
Super Moderator
6,097 Posts
My Misty is 6 1/2 and slowing down now too.She's still happy and active,but seemingly more content...If that makes sense.She doesn't look longingly out of the window when the weather is horrible or get antsy like Samson does.She just takes a day off and enjoys the down time.I really don't know what I'd do without them.We'll all be old together and sort it out together somehow.

·
Registered
9,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Misty is 6 1/2 and slowing down now too.She's still happy and active,but seemingly more content...If that makes sense.She doesn't look longingly out of the window when the weather is horrible or get antsy like Samson does.She just takes a day off and enjoys the down time.I really don't know what I'd do without them.We'll all be old together and sort it out together somehow.
:toasting: Exactly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts