German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been walking with my 6-month-old puppy German Shepherd 3 miles a day every day since he was 4 months old. We walk half of that in the morning and the other half in the evening. We usually walk on the streets around our somewhat hilly neighborhood. We also play some tug of war and fetching before talking our walks. Our backyard is made of concrete, rather steep and with a 6-step-staircase. The issue is that he has felt pain twice in his paws and had some limping without any apparent accident. We simply woke up limpy one morning. So I took a break for 5 days and gave him painkillers. Am I exercising him too much? Could it be cramps? The Vet Saw him and no fracture of anything of the like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
It sounds like Pano. Pano isn’t a huge deal, to me anyways. You just need to take it easy and rest during those pain episodes. It’s usually recommended to use some type of pain killer for episodes as well. I never ended using them for my dog, but carprofen can have some side effects. Pano is usually diagnosed by process of elimination/x-rays. I personally decided to not x ray since I had plans to have his hips checked soon after anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts