German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently got a puppy and was told that she is a German Shepherd mixed with a Belgian Malinois. The owner said she was born in the end of January but she looks a little small to be this far along.
Doubting her breed, but she is healthy and happy. Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
7 week old female Mal 6#, with 10 week female Heeler 10#

10 months 40#, 9 month 65#

25" 82# female GSD with 7 week female Mal

9 monthes @ 65#, Heeler 10 months @ 40#

7 weeks 6#

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I don't think so. Ear set is too far to the side and the angle is wrong for both the Mal and GSD imho. Also the snout is far too broad for either breed. All that said it's a cute pup that looks healthy and bright eyed. Enjoy your pup!

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
How do you like those heelers? I think if I ever want a smaller dog they get my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't say enough good about them. She is my first and if I knew then what I know now, I would have went through life with one riding shotgun. I joined several Heeler groups and almost everyone feels the same about them. Even Heeler fans have different temperaments than the average GSD owner.

She is working line and what I find particularly fascinating is her prey drive compared to that of German Shepherds. Hers is very high and strong BUT totally focused on large and unruly animals. She has a phenomenal natural off switch which belies her working heritage. When her switch flips, it is a jaw dropper.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I can't say enough good about them. She is my first and if I knew then what I know now, I would have went through life with one riding shotgun. I joined several Heeler groups and almost everyone feels the same about them. Even Heeler fans have different temperaments than the average GSD owner.

She is working line and what I find particularly fascinating is her prey drive compared to that of German Shepherds. Hers is very high and strong BUT totally focused on large and unruly animals. She has a phenomenal natural off switch which belies her working heritage. When her switch flips, it is a jaw dropper.
Thanks for responding. Don’t want to derail the thread. Will likely pm you with more questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts