German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Just like anyone or anything. If you eat too much junk food and don't exercise.. you will most likely get fat.

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
She may have an untreated thyroid problem. I thought maybe pregnant, and while it is possible, she looks plain fat too. I think they are a little like people though. Some dogs have a high metabolism, and you can barely keep weight on them. Others will plump out if given enough food. They say that speuter can cause them to plump up. But it should not happen if you continue to feed them properly and exersize, if they slow down a little, feed less. On the other hand, having a litter of pups sometimes puts weight on a bitch -- usually the thin bitch. After whelping and raising a litter, some bitches maintain a heavier weight.

The people in this add should be charged with neglect. If you want to be fat and allow it to effect your health and lifestyle, that is one thing, but letting a dog get extremely overweight is cruel.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i've seen this ad before. i posted about it actually. yes she is fat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Too many happy meals and Big Macs every day, for sure.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
GSDs are like people, some get fat easily and some don't ..... some exercise and some don't...... some have the proper diet and some don't.

If calories taken in exceed calories burned then weight is gained.
It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
How easy is it to get a gs fat? My boy is strong, big an muscle. Will he let himself go if we don't run, eat too much and get older??
Are you really asking if your dog will gain weight if you feed him too much and don't keep him active?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
sad she's that fat, but at least better than seeing a dog that isn't well fed... hopefully her new owners will EXERCISE her

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
How easy is it to get a gs fat? My boy is strong, big an muscle. Will he let himself go if we don't run, eat too much and get older??

Female German Shepherd
OK, is it a HE or a SHE??

And what do you mean will HE let himself go?
Who's in charge here, you or the dog?

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
No lol it was a joking reference to the ad.. Sorry. Too many Jack n cokes last night!!:laugh:
I thought it was a joke, when I first read it. I wonder if that means I had just enough Jack and Coke! :D

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Please pass some of that Jack & Coke.
I don't mind getting fat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts