German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie is a big baby! When he stubs his toe or bumps himself, he howls like he is in serious pain and then he hobbles over to either me or hubby, with his ears back, and presents the injured part of his body to us to rub! We rub it for a second and he is all set again! He will run away and start playing like nothing ever happened. It's quite hilarious. Our other GSd never did this. I was wondering if anyone elses dog does this or if Wolfie is a big Mama and Daddy's boy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wolfie and Aschen are so much alike! lol. Aschen does things similar to this all the time, he is the world's biggest momma's boy :). We're just blessed with super smart pups that know how to get their way and their extra love haha.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nellie does this. We always say "you want mommy\daddy to help" and she comes over like she is in mega pain, and then runs off again like the last 2 min never happened.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tora does this too. She will yip and howl and crawl over to us like she's inches from death. Then after we pet her she runs off with Jericho and plays again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
LOL Riley did the same thing. I wondered if it was a puppy thing. She was running and playing and bumped her paw on the corner of something and started whimpering and holding the paw up. Of course my daughter and I were all over her, petting her, rubbing her paw, cooing over the poor dear... 2 minutes later she's back to running full tilt again. That was the second time she did the whining and holding the hurt limp up, only to be good as new within minutes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
must be a sweet puppy thing!
haha. i have a feeling aschen will be doing this when he's 10.

When I put him in his crate for being naughty, he'll put his paws up on the edge and stare at me like he's a prisoner, then if stauba walks by or we pet her, he gets cranky and smashes his paws on the ground cause he knows its annoying....devious lil fella!

I bet wolfie and him would be good buddies....and cause adorable mayhem together! :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
LOL! It's all the fussing he gets over his injury :)

I have a friend with a Mastiff who does this and it's hilarious. It started out with an injury to the paw that needed lots of attention and rest (no weight baring). Anyway, she fussed over him to the point that she would carry, yes carry this huge dog, up and down the stairs so he could still sleep with her. This went on for weeks.

Anyway, he learned that all the attention was fantastic.

His paw healed and he was back to his old self. But a couple of months later she got busy with her new business and the normal amount of attention he received declined. One day she came home and was greeted with him limping. Of course she thought he re-injured and the treatment started up again. Carrying him around. Babying his paw. And everything that came along with it. After a couple of days he was fine again. Back to his old self.

Couple of months later....same thing. Vet trip, nothing wrong. But she was sure he was hurting and the extra care started up again.

And again. And again. Only each time the injury would miraculously heal faster and faster. Until she realized that it was a scam! And attention getting scam!

Even today, he will walk up to her and begin to limp and lift his paw up. And when she ignores him, he runs off like normal. He is too cute :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Max is just the opposite. He is the clumsiest dog I've ever had.

He likes to squeeze into the powder room with me then whacks his head on the door jamb trying to turn around and get out before me. Not a whimper. Acts like nothing happened.

He flies off of the porch steps and lands not on his paws, but in a way that scraps both front legs, then jumps up like "TA DA! I meant to do that!"

He's like a gangly, growing teenager or something, but he's already four years old.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:laugh: He bumped his behind on the coffee table this morning and backed up to me so I could rub it!! This is just too much! :laugh:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha. i have a feeling aschen will be doing this when he's 10.

When I put him in his crate for being naughty, he'll put his paws up on the edge and stare at me like he's a prisoner, then if stauba walks by or we pet her, he gets cranky and smashes his paws on the ground cause he knows its annoying....devious lil fella!

I bet wolfie and him would be good buddies....and cause adorable mayhem together! :D
:D They would be into everything, I think!!! HA HA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts