German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this today on his nose. Hes almost 10 months old. The bump feels hard when I touch it. Im taking him to the vet this week to be sure but was wondering if anyone knew if it looked kike a wart? Thanks.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Looks like a wart. But the vet is the one to make the diagnosis. Stella had warts when she was younger.....ugh

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Stella's were pinkish. Then they started looking like cauliflower and got kind of grayish. Fortunately she only had a few. I gave her an immune booster and put vitamin e on the 1 outside of her mouth. I think they lasted about a month. She picked them up at her doggie day care. I think she was about 8 or 9 months old at the time. I did take her to the vet to make sure that is what they were.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It was called OL IMMUNE. I think it is by animal apawthecary.

Is this the only "bump" your pup has?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes thats it that I can see. It didnt start off as a bump. It was just a pink spot for a while and then just the other day I noticed it turned to a lump or wart.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Agreed, about seeing the vet. The picture is kind of hard to see, but even with a clear view bumps, lumps, spots changing color IMO should be seen by a vet, they concern me. Doesn't mean it's not something easily treated. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the vet said he thought it was a button tumor. He said he didn't think it was cancer and thought it was viral so put him on antibiotics for 2 weeks. If that doesn't work he said we will have to get it surgically removed.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Remo had some in his mouth when he was just a youngster - they get big and ugly and then they go away. He got his from playing with other dogs at the dog park.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts