German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, people, I recently got this pup but i am a bit confused. The breeder i got it from told me it was a GSD but i have some doubts. His eyes are still blue and he is 60 days old.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Do you have a pic?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
cute little liver color:)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he's definitely a GSD! Liver color. Not generally intentionally bred for by reputable breeders but they do happen. Adorable little guy. His eyes will stay light.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
He is an adorable live colored GSD :)

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
That is a one of a kind German Shepherd! Congratulations on the handsome little guy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
gorgeous! you don't see that everyday! I hope you'll continue to post, so we can 'watch him grow!'...I wanna see what this guy looks like in a year! congrats!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hey, people, I recently got this pup but i am a bit confused. The breeder i got it from told me it was a GSD but i have some doubts. His eyes are still blue and he is 60 days old.

Thanks for your help!
His eyes are not blue. But they are a very bluish gray color! Very common when you have blue gsds or liver colored!!! In this case you have a beautiful purebred liver GSD!!! :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
424 Posts
such a coincidence..I was JUST looking at photos of liver GSDs. I've never seen one out and about anywhere..can I ask--what did his littermates look like? the parents?..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
such a coincidence..I was JUST looking at photos of liver GSDs. I've never seen one out and about anywhere..can I ask--what did his littermates look like? the parents?..

Littermates and parents look just like a clasic GSD - black and tan. Apparently, very rarely, those parents give some genes to the pups and they are born with black-blueish or liver colored coats. they had 3 or 4 pups and one of them was the liver colored. I got real lucky! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His eyes are not blue. But they are a very bluish gray color! Very common when you have blue gsds or liver colored!!! In this case you have a beautiful purebred liver GSD!!! :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

His eyes were kinda darker a week ago. What i was told is that his eyes will become hazelnut or almond brown by 6 months. I wish he could keep the blue-gray-f*cking awesome eye color :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
His eyes will stay fairly light in color, probably yellow to amber, as he matures. Liver is a recessive gene that can hide for many generations, and as such it is fairly rare. It is a disqualification for the show ring, but your little guy should be a fabulous pet. He's awfully cute!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts