German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I got a puppy just a little over 3 months ago. When I got him from my local shelter, I was told he was a queensland heeler, and that he was 3 1/2-4 months old. I've gotten alot of comments that state otherwise. Everyone always asks if he's a GSD. And my groomer also thought he was younger than that. Right now he's about 44 pounds and 22 inches tall.
And when I brought him home, he was about 12-15 pounds.

This is him now, sorry I couldn't get a better picture, he moves around waaay too much!
image.jpg

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is definitely a lot of GSD if he is a mix. Just looking at the picture if someone told me it was GSD PB I would not question it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'd say either the people at the shelter or the person that surrendered the pup are not very good at identifying dogs. Either that or someone coming in for a GSD was sent home with a queensland heeler. ;)

That definitely looks like a GSD, and probably around 8 weeks when you got him.
Very adorable, I hope you are enjoying your new addition. :)

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Queensland heeler :laugh: Looks like a GSD to me. Good looking dog!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Ha ha Queensland heeler. I would have laughed if they hand me that puppy and said that. Your pup is a beautiful GSD.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
892 Posts
looks full gsd to me..44 lbs..so he would be about 4 months old or so..he's a cutie

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If he's a Queensland Heeler, then I'm a Polar Bear...sitting in front of the Internet...in an office chair... in South Texas ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the replies!! I'm sorry I didn't get to Reply sooner, I'm new to
This so I had no idea anyone even commented back!

·
Registered
31,906 Posts
What's a Queensland Heeler?

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
A Queensland Heeler is another name for an Australian cattle dog or blue Heeler.

Your pup is either a pure GSD or a high percentage mix. I see no Heeler in him at all.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
My puppy was 12 pounds at 8 weeks and looked almost exactly like yours (then and yours now- their coloration and markings change so much). I would say PB from my own experience and observation.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What's a Queensland Heeler?
A Queensland Heeler is another name for an Australian cattle dog or blue Heeler.
"Queensland Heeler" is usually in reference to red speckle Australian Cattle Dogs, in my experience.

And I agree that the OP's puppy looks like a GSD, and nothing at all like a heeler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a picture of the litter he was from!
image.jpg

It seemed possible that he could be definitely be mixed

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Yea I would definitely say he is mixed. He is the only shepherd looking pup in the litter. Good looking pup though. Enjoy him :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts