German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies mom is in town from England, and shes staying at some place thats right at the base of some mountains, 15 miles from... anything pretty much. They said that they were washing their truck, and this dog ran up and wouldnt leave.

They took care of it for a few days, but cant keep it, as they dont live here. So I said I would take it. I have no idea how old he is... I named him Dexter :-D Cutest puppy ive ever had!!

Dexter_1.jpg
Dexter_2.jpg
Dexter_3.jpg
Dexter_4.jpg
Dexter_5.jpg
Dexter_6.jpg
Dexter_7.jpg
Dexter_8.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I dont have a good picture of it, but his ears stick straight up. Hes just shy around people, so hes always got them down, but when he gets used to them, or its just me and him, they stick right up all the time.

·
Registered
929 Posts
looks like a malinios :)to me

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
I'd say a mix...most Mal's don't have fluffy tail/coats. I'd get that pup wormed regardless. Looks a bit bloated?
Cute puppy whatever is in the genes!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Not a malinois. Head shape isn't correct. Any idea how old he might be? Could be a shepherd mix but looks like his adult coat is in and paws aren't real big like there's some growing into them to do. Growth plates you can tell on the legs aren't very defined either. Wouldn't figure he'd get much taller if at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a malinois. Head shape isn't correct. Any idea how old he might be? Could be a shepherd mix but looks like his adult coat is in and paws aren't real big like there's some growing into them to do. Growth plates you can tell on the legs aren't very defined either. Wouldn't figure he'd get much taller if at all.
You dont think hes gonna get taller?... Really? Im not a fan of little dogs, and I can hold this lil guy in one hand... he better get bigger, lol.

I'd say a mix...most Mal's don't have fluffy tail/coats. I'd get that pup wormed regardless. Looks a bit bloated?
Cute puppy whatever is in the genes!
Bloated? I dont think so at all. hes very very very skinny. He was a stray 15 miles from nowhere, only been eating normal for a couple days, so he shouldnt be.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
He's a mix and it's hard to say with what. The head is not at all right for a malinois and I don't really see gsd in there. He's super cute. How old did the vet estimate him to be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's a mix and it's hard to say with what. The head is not at all right for a malinois and I don't really see gsd in there. He's super cute. How old did the vet estimate him to be?
My buddies mom is in town from England, and shes staying at some place thats right at the base of some mountains, 15 miles from... anything pretty much. They said that they were washing their truck, and this dog ran up and wouldnt leave.

They took care of it for a few days, but cant keep it, as they dont live here. So I said I would take it. I have no idea how old he is... I named him Dexter :-D Cutest puppy ive ever had!!

View attachment 63274
View attachment 63282
View attachment 63290
View attachment 63298
View attachment 63306
View attachment 63314
View attachment 63322
View attachment 63330

;):p

No vet yet, only had him less than 24 hrs.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Has anyone tried to locate a possible owner of this pup? In OR there was a court case of a situation like this where the previous owner, who lost the dog, saw him with his new owner in town, sued and won, but not after the dog spent 6 months in a shelter during this case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone tried to locate a possible owner of this pup? In OR there was a court case of a situation like this where the previous owner, who lost the dog, saw him with his new owner in town, sued and won, but not after the dog spent 6 months in a shelter during this case.
I dont know... All I know is someone found him, and gave him to me.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He's a cute little guy whatever he is.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Malinois mix? The black markings on his chest push me toward malinois. That type of coloration is relatively unique to the malis. Cute pup, whatever he is, and I think he will get bigger. He still has very much of a puppy build.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What's your boy's name?

He's a beautiful little pup regardless of what he's mixed with!!! My guess would be some type of GSD mix.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Was he checked/scanned for a chip?
This is the reason i am so scared not to have a bright green tattoo in the pups ear. Many people don't check if a dog they find is chipped. anyways he is super cute.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
He is cute. Before you fall in love with him, put up found puppy signs. Take to vet to see if microchipped. No chip and no response to signs, then go ahead and fall in love.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
892 Posts
looks like a mix of some sort..I see no shepherd in him..his face is not shepehrd like at all..no mal or gs..imo...hes a cute pup though..Take him to a vet and get him checked out! :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Cute little guy and sure looks happy to have chosen himself a person!!

Even with a purebred GSD puppy, you'll see experienced owners on here making all KINDS of calls. Honestly, they change so much and so rapidly it can be hard to tell until they've grown through all their awkward puppy stages.

I'd say if you're already hooked, and ready to train train train, he's just perfect no matter which breed or mix of breeds he is!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts