German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I received this puppy from a little old lady that bit off more than she could chew with this pup so I rescued her before they took her to the pound they said she is a german shepherd but I really feel that she is mixed with doberman great Dane or lab any options would be appreciated we got her at 8 weeks old her name was sugar we renamed her Marley she is now 8 months old here are pictures
20200306_064530.jpg
20200306_064523.jpg
20200306_064539.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Can you post a pictures of her standing from the side and also one where her ares are up? Can't tell much from pics of her laying down with her ears back.

Initially she does not look full GSD, her position and pictures angles could be contributing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Can you post a pictures of her standing from the side and also one where her ares are up? Can't tell much from pics of her laying down with her ears back.

Initially she does not look full GSD, her position and pictures angles could be contributing.

Here are some pictures I took of her while we were walking today she has a double coat on the back of her neck if you lift the black fur you see white or gray fur underneath the black she also has a somewhat short to medium coat that is super silky and soft she is very smart
20200326_124352.jpg
20200326_124416.jpg
20200326_124540.jpg
20200326_124712.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I dont know why it is posting the pictures so many times lol but I have posted them also Marley is a female

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
His nose looks a little stout and his forehead and crest of the eyebrows look too square for me to say he's an absolute purebred. I'm guessing there's some terrier in there.

I could be wrong.

Regardless, best of luck to you and your pup.

·
Registered
329 Posts
His nose looks a little stout and his forehead and crest of the eyebrows looks too square for me to say he's an absolute purebred. I'm guessing there's some terrier in there.

I could be wrong.

Regardless, best of luck to you and your pup.
Agreed. My guess is a bully type breed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I did some google searches of different breeds mixed with German shepherd the closet I could find to the way she looks was this image
Screenshot_20200326-151122_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200326-151101_Google.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely dont think bully mox due to those results showed a shorter snout far much shorter than than hers

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
well i can tell you with 700% certainty that she’s not a Beauceron ;)

as far as being part bully breed - “part” can be 1% to 99%... every trait does not express itself fully. the more familiar you are with different breeds, the greater the likelihood that you’ll pick up on subtleties of those breeds.

honestly, i’d say she’s mixed with several breeds... her broad head, to me, could more or less exclude doberman from her mix or at the very least, bring it in at a lower percentage. it is also unlikely that a 50/50 of any of the breeds you mentioned would end up with naturally erect ears.

bullies often make their way into a mix simply because of the sheer number of them... more specifically, the number of them contributing to unplanned litters.

she sounds great, just lover her and if it really bugs you, order a dna test... they’re very popular these days, increasingly more accurate and can also be found on sale multiple times a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts