German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Ummm I'm gonna go with YEAH! He barely questioned it before jumping in.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
that's really good!!! Are you going to put him into any sports or anything? I'd be intrigued to see him competing in just about anything with that kind of confidence rocking the world around him! Really good!

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
looks confident and a live-wire for sure, very cool.

how general is confidence? - all of my pups from a litter last year have full environmental confidence but one pup is very timid/shy/scared around people, i know many look at slippery surfaces/ heights etc to assess nerves. this pup you would conclude on those tests to be supremely confident with excellent nerves until another person came into the picture then you would think nerve-bag.

so my question is how transferrable is confidence from one context to the next, if you don't mind me hi-jacking yr thread.

also, i thought you just came out of winter, looks like yr in a desert, i thought things would be green???

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks confident and a live-wire for sure, very cool.

how general is confidence? - all of my pups from a litter last year have full environmental confidence but one pup is very timid/shy/scared around people, i know many look at slippery surfaces/ heights etc to assess nerves. this pup you would conclude on those tests to be supremely confident with excellent nerves until another person came into the picture then you would think nerve-bag.

so my question is how transferrable is confidence from one context to the next, if you don't mind me hi-jacking yr thread.

also, i thought you just came out of winter, looks like yr in a desert, i thought things would be green???

Good question. I honestly don't know. I had a GSD that was very environmental confident as well but couldn't handle pressure during bite work or obedience. She was great with people though.

Recon (my current puppy) is by far the most confident puppy I have personally seen. I have not found anything that bothers him. Even pressure from a decoy he takes already. I'm very impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts