German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened across a chap who is breeding shepherds here on the south coast of Cambodia on the weekend. Before I went I was told he had Belgian Shepherds but I note his website etc says German Shepherds. He wasn't overly clear other than to say the dogs were sourced in Vietnam. ( Please : no lectures about BY breeding etc )

I was immediately awe struck by his male dog. Very large head and FEET - I have never seen such massive feet - but i think maybe the longer hair made them look a bit bigger ? Anyways he was a very "regal" looking dog with a longer coat and lovely temperament. His female I am sure is GSD. The pups were stunning and I was very temtped to take a male though my pup is only 6 months old so i think i better show some restrain !

I googled but cant really see whether those large feet are indicative of a BSD ? Can someone maybe comment ?

MALE

FEMALE

PROGENY (m)

thanks

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks shepherd all around to me.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I think it's just a GSD with a reverse mask. I can't tell from this angle but it also looks like he has flat feet, which is probably why they appear so large and disproportionate. Furthermore, he's thin, looks to have a feminine head, is underdeveloped and not muscular so that's probably why he appears like some other breed.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If i go on Wikipedia then yeah....they look nothing like the BSDs there !
Interesting comment about the flat feet ! I did not know that was possible in a dog and yes....might well account for the size.

He is only 14 months old so not fully gown by any stretch.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google "downed pasterns" to see some examples. I might be wrong, but I think that's what it is

Silly me. I just assumed a dog being bred would be over 2 ;)
Yes I know I was surprised too :rolleyes: but well.....this is where it is......

The pups were awesome.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Google "downed pasterns" to see some examples. I might be wrong, but I think that's what it is
Hmmm thanks..... ok that's getting close. I would say it didn't look as severe up close as some of the images i am seeing on Google and maybe more of a flat footed appearance. I need to research if that's hereditary cos I ain't going near stock from that dog if it is !

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Lucky i have another option. This is my current girl Jirra at 6 months from a ...ahem....."breeder....here in Phnom Penh. Apart from a soft right ear that i severely doubt is now going to go up ( looks like a wet noodle most of the time but here she is looking into the wind ! ) she is a cracker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts