German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
we do not delete accounts. So as Michelle said, just stop posting.

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
Is this so you can say you have a lot of people using the forum or something? -.-
yup...add your 115 posts to the total. We get a prize at the end of the year. :)

Why is it so important to "leave" suddenly? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
No. We just don't delete accounts. If people have no interest in being a part of the board than they only need to stop participating. You are not being forced to be here.

ADMIN Lisa

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
My curiosity got the better of me. I'm going to assume this is regarding the thread you made with the pictures that is no longer on the board since your other posts seem happy. Political posts are against board rules. That's just the way it is. Personally, I like that rule because people get so nasty over politics and this is a board for dogs. I'm sorry that you feel the need to leave but I'm sure there are forums out there that are more appropriate for your thread.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
just stop posting
People should have the option to delete their accounts if they so choose. It's more about removing your personal information etc. to some people, than about simply not posting anymore and I think people should always have that option.

Otherwise it can start to feel a bit Hotel California-ish.

Just my two cents, for what they're worth...not much :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
People should have the option to delete their accounts if they so choose. It's more about removing your personal information etc. to some people, than about simply not posting anymore and I think people should always have that option.

Otherwise it can start to feel a bit Hotel California-ish.

Just my two cents, for what they're worth...not much :)
I agree with this^ It also seems like it would lower the cost of bandwidth on the owner of this site.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok.. no it itsn´t about the politics posts. I agree that religion and politics do bring the worst out on people. I realised later that it WAS actually about politics. And sure my other post was happy but lets face it I don´t fit in here. And no I did not get rid of my dog... that will never happen
And what is this??? some secret society that once you are in you are in for life?? what do you gain in that? If i am able to sign in for it. I should be able to leave it whenever i want. Like leave it.. not pretend it´s no longer there...

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
From the board rules:

17. Once you have activated your account, it will not be deleted. If you feel that Germanshepherds.com is not the place for you after you have activated your account, all you have to do is not log in. You can send a PM to the admin SHEPHERDS to remove your email address so that you stop receiving notifications but this will not delete your account.
When people sign up and register, they agree to abide by the rules. You can send Shepherds a message and request your email address to be removed.

There is a sticky in the chat section about the no-political content rule, and I did explain in my PM why your post was removed. It is not anything personal, no reflection on my beliefs nor the general beliefs or opinions of the board as a whole, but simply enforcing the board rules - as is my role here.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't understand why you feel that you don't fit in. There are people from all over the world here. This is a very culturally diverse forum, even within my home country we have cultural differences that come out here. Doesn't mean anyone doesn't fit in. It's about the dogs. We all have that in common :)

But if you aren't enjoying it, I guess that's what matters.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok.. whatever.. stupid rule though. I think you guys just want to be able to say ´we are the best german shepherd forum there is.. look at all our members `-.-

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't understand why you feel that you don't fit in. There are people from all over the world here. This is a very culturally diverse forum, even within my home country we have cultural differences that come out here. Doesn't mean anyone doesn't fit in. It's about the dogs. We all have that in common :)

But if you aren't enjoying it, I guess that's what matters.
Your right.. it SHOULD be about the dogs.. but it really isn´t much... read around and you will see.. it´s mostly people trying to prove a point..

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
Ok.. no it itsn´t about the politics posts. I agree that religion and politics do bring the worst out on people. I realised later that it WAS actually about politics. And sure my other post was happy but lets face it I don´t fit in here. And no I did not get rid of my dog... that will never happen
And what is this??? some secret society that once you are in you are in for life?? what do you gain in that? If i am able to sign in for it. I should be able to leave it whenever i want. Like leave it.. not pretend it´s no longer there...
I'm sorry you never learned the secret hand shake. Leave then. If you decide you hate a restaurant and never want to eat there again, do you expect them to burn the building down so it's all nice and final for you? Why make such a big deal out of it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.