German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my girl is 5 months and 5 days old. The last I dunno week or so, she is just so... restless she is constantly whining and crying, which I mean isnt totally out of the norm but she is doing it more and more, she cant seem to actually sit still and she is constantly going to the door to want to be let out but all she does is lay on the deck or lay in the grass... Are these early warning signs that she could be ready to go into heat? I will state also that I had to in at the vet yesterday to check her teeth as one baby tooth seemed to not want to come out even after the adult tooth was fully in it just pushed the baby tooth forward, but the vet said that it was really loose and to just keep giving her chews and it should come out soon... she also gave her another regular exam and she said that her pyoderma is clearing up nicely as there is no more sores/redness/scabs and over all she is in good health... I did ask her about why she might be so restless and asked her if she might be coming into heat and the vet never answered my question just took the opportunity to try pushing me to book an appointment to spay her, which I have already made it clear during several appointments that I was not going to spay her till after her second or third heat cycle.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Just keep an eye on her. You took her to the vet and did everything you should have done. It could be teething or it could be pano or something else. Just comfort her and try to see what's bothering her. If it persists for another week I would bring her back to the vet. As long as she is eating and drinking I wouldn't worry to much.

I don't think she's coming into heat myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts