German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I were chatting the other day about hachi and both of us agree that hachi might be an "inbred" dog. :confused:
I really think that is a possiblity for all the problems Ive had with him in past.

·
Registered
637 Posts
inbreeding brings out the best of both parents,grandparents, etc and the recessive genes as well. alot of breeds are inbred for desired traits, and while most are fine there are a few recessive genes that do pop up if you continously inbreed dogs/cats/etc...
as far as hachi being inbred, its possible, however his genetics are what they are, so whatever problems you are having wouldnt matter whether he is inbred or not, he maybe just got the crappy genetics from an ancestor somewhere....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true even purebreds have problems. I agree with that. Hachi is a great dog he is well behaved and.everything before though I could just look in his eyes and see that he isn't "clicking" well in the mind very slow processing in the brain. The ole saying you can tell a lot about a person through their eyes. Windows to the soul lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts