German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I would say for the most part they DO "grow into their ears". Though some adult dogs do still have overly large ears.

Here are a couple of pictures of the same pup. In the first picture he was 3 months old. In the second one he was 10 months old. Looks to me like he grew into his "sattelite dishes". (Amazing the change in only 7 months.)

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
DianaM,

I couldn't agree more. Though personally I don't have an issue with helping a dogs ears stand for comsetic reasons (afterall it DOES look better.) I do draw the line at making the pup go thru months and months of someone constantly messing with and glueing the ears. If it doesn't work with minimal taping, just leave them be and get used to floppy ears.

They should NOT be bred, Especially those that have either very thick heavy ear leather, or ear leather that is so thin and weak it is almost transparent.(both of which are usually the ones that don't stand on their own.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.