German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was playing with Odin, my 15wk old pup and tugging with a rubber bone and out pops a tooth. It flew across the floor, I think it may be his first tooth.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have 8 of Brodys teeth!! Not sure what I'm going to do with them! Are you going to do anything with them or has anyone else on here done anything with them?

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
I have 13 of Onyx's and several of Karlo's. I keep them in a jewelry pouch in my jewelry drawer.
I remember reading an old German tale: Put a GSD pup's tooth in your wallet and you'll never want for $$. I did that and my purse was stolen...:(
They did catch the thief and my money/everything else was re-imbursed, but shoot, I lost that puppy tooth.

·
Registered
906 Posts
LOL Jane...I wonder what the thief thought when he saw that puppy tooth!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well, i may put it in my wallet. hope no one steals it. any idea how long it takes for their baby teeth to come out and the adult teeth to come in?

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
Pups are usually done teething by 7-8 months. Then they seem to have another bout of oral need to chew as those big back molars come in. By 8 months, all teeth should be adult.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I found all 4 of Jax's canines and some molars :)
His canines were the last to come out and his adult ones were already half way in, so I "forcibly" removed them over 2 days with tug toys and a big knuckle bone.
It's really funny to compare his baby canines to his adult choppers, it's almost impossible to believe they belonged to the same dog.
I keep a fireproof box of all my precious memories and photos and things... I put them in there :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I havent seen any of Aspen's :( I am just seeing his canine's break through. I hope to claim one of those.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Brody would actually come to me when a tooth was coming out. I could see him moving his tongue around and then he would spit it out right at my feet. :)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
yes there's a Doggie Tooth fairy. you must
believe and it will come true (for your dog).
i have to check the rules. i don't think the dog has to believe.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Funny...post on this today and one of the canines came out...,I think a bit early but he was playing tug-o-war with a 90lbs lab. I think the lab loosened it, I saw it mobile, but didnt want to pull it. I tried to get him to play with a toy to get it out, went after the lab and it was never to be seen again...booohoooo!

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL This is too funny to me, Bella is about 5 months old now and has been losing teeth left and right it seems, I've got three of them. My boyfriend was playing with her pretty rough and knocked one out (oops) she yelped and just sat there with blood dripping out of her mouth like, "what the **** was that for?!" then the next day she came to me like she had something stuck in her mouth and out popped a tooth, then just a couple days ago, same thing. Cracks me up everytime and I was hoping I wasn't the only one who kept them. The boyfriend thinks I am weird for it but I don't care :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Man, you guys are lucky. I looked and looked for Dharma to lose her teeth but I never saw a single one. It was like she woke up with adult teeth one day like magic. :( I would love to have had her baby teeth. Even just one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts