German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that a K9?

7K views 90 replies 32 participants last post by  codmaster 
I wonder if it's a culture thing or how they grew up, but I do notice that most black people give Wolfie and I a wide berth when we are walking. One was so petrified he couldn't move, and that was when Wolfie was 5 months old.

LOL, that happens to Sigurd and I too. They seem to always walk the other direction or make sure there is a LOT of room between us. We were in Petsmart once and this big grown (black) male stopped in his tracks and looked like he was about to cry, his daughter was freaking out, and Sigurd was in a nice sit/stay not even paying attention to them. It must totally be a cultural thing.:crazy:

Really don't mean to put a damper on the thread but why does the color of these people matter? Black guy with girlfriend/wife, etc.
Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine unless every person is identified by color.
I don't think it really matters, it's just that it seems culturally (or whatever) that blacks seem to have a greater fear/different ideas about GSDs (more so than the average other coloured person in my PERSONAL accouters). No racism or singling out going on here...not sure why whenever "race" comes into a topic anywhere (not just this forum) we have to defend ourselves.

And to add a little colour, white people that I've encountered don't seem too bothered by my GSD. Sometimes I get asked if he's a police K9 by whites, but more in a "Wow, cool!" type of manner not a scared/shocked way. Back home, a couple of Native Americans thought Sigurd was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Hmm... my SO's Chinese sisters are in love with German Shepherds and think they are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.