German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
i have a little to no experience with dogs , and i wanted to have one so i contacted a person who gave me a little puppy "LISA" and he told me that she's a GSD .
after reading about the race , i doubt she's GSD or at least she's not pure .
i notice a short curved tail so i have no idea if she's a mix and if that's true , she's a mix of what ?
can you please identify the race from the photos ?
apart from that she's so energitic and i love her :wub:

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
To me she does not look pure, she looks mixed the way the front paws look with the foward facing more triangular shaped floppy ears and that high curly tail Im going to guess GSD and Doberman Cross, she is adorable, enjoy her! :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
REALLY hard to tell with blurry pictures. She's likely a Doberman/GSD or Rottweiler/GSD mix if anything. Also, future reference, people are race, dogs/cats are breeds.

How old is she supposed to be?

Stick around. keep reading. If she really does have some GSD in there, you'll learn a lot. Even if she's got some rottie in there, you'll still learn a lot because both are originally meant to be herding flock guardians. Similar temperaments.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have to disagree, you wouldnt get the curly tail with the Rottweiler, but perhaps she is a Doberman and Rottweiler cross with no GSD? As KZoppa said its a little hard to tell with such blurry pictures

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I have to disagree, you wouldnt get the curly tail with the Rottweiler, but perhaps she is a Doberman and Rottweiler cross with no GSD? As KZoppa said its a little hard to tell with such blurry pictures

I've seen undocked dobies hold their tails like that and then bear in mind GSDs can have gay tail even as pups. Without at least pictures of one of the parents, it would be hard to venture a better guess. I don't think I've ever seen an undocked rottie with gay tail though.

Judging by the tan on the legs at this point, I'd definitely say Dobie or Rottie in there. That's an awful lot of tan in what appears to be a very set pattern on the legs.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you post pictures of the parents and more decent pictures of the pup (not blurry) might be easier to tell but the clear patterned coloring on the pups chest, legs and face plus the tail and ears Im going to say Doberman Rotti cross.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
If you post pictures of the parents and more decent pictures of the pup (not blurry) might be easier to tell but the clear patterned coloring on the pups chest, legs and face plus the tail and ears Im going to say Doberman Rotti cross.

agreed

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
She's cute, I can tell that :)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Actually, the natural state of the Rottweiler tail is hugely varied. They can be fairly curled, or they can have a more Lab look. It really does vary.
Sheilah

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is my first post on this forum. After reading this post I thought I'd chime in and show my pictures and see what people think. Maggie is 7 months old and I'm kinda confused to if she is pure GSD or mixed in with.....? The first picture was taken the day after we got her, alittle over a month ago and the other was taken today. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
This is my first post on this forum. After reading this post I thought I'd chime in and show my pictures and see what people think. Maggie is 7 months old and I'm kinda confused to if she is pure GSD or mixed in with.....? The first picture was taken the day after we got her, alittle over a month ago and the other was taken today. Any ideas?
Definitely a mix.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I vote no to being purebred on both dogs that were posted.

And rottweilers can have gay tails. The OP's pup looks very rottie to me, from what I can tell. (Hard to say with how blurry the photos are).

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
definitely a mix

Any idea of what mix she could be? I'm almost thinking Rot but hoping not Pit. :(

nothing wrong with a pit mix. Hard to say what your dog could be mixed with though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi again thanks for all the replies , here are some pictures i took this morning .
her ears are standing up all the time now which is good ;) . she begins to bark whene strangers come home which is also good as i want her to be a guard dog . i'm sure she has GSD in her blood .

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts