German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Sania, our 13ish year old lab. I always thought she was overweight, but I went to the park with her the other day and I was looking at her, and I can see her ribs, and I was thinking that maybe she's just built thicker?

I'm not sure, just looking for your guys' opinions. We think she's lab, but we're not sure. Sometimes she looks like she might have hound in her. But either way - I apologize for the poor angle of the photos. It's hard to hold her ball and get her to turn for me. :/

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think she looks great for a 13 yr old lab!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Same build as my Lab, probably even a bit smaller than him, she definately doesn't look overweight to me

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think she looks fantastic! They are definitely built heavier that is for sure. I have a shepherd and a lab and my lab's chest is much deeper and broader and he's just heavier set, although both are in working weight right now.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. :) She used to definitely be overweight - she looked like an overgrown sausage (favorite description from How to Train your Dragon!) but we started throwing her ball for her every day and I guess I never noticed until the other day. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
she looks great for a 13year old dog in general. good body condition.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
awww, good looking old fella

1 - 7 of 7 Posts